Exclude drives from Real time scanner

Vangelis

How can I exclude a whole drive from real time scanner in the latest version of Nod Antivirus for windows?

Performance exclusion won't let me choose a whole drive, detection exclusion lets me choose a drive but doesn't stop real time scanner from scanning the drive in question.

I have a HDD for internal backup of photos, videos and things that I have on my SSDs, which I don't want it being scanned every now and then, there is literally no reason. It drives me crazy to have a backup disk making noise in my otherwise silent PC.

It used to be the case that you could choose which drives should be included, but I don't see this anymore. Am I missing something?

I am being forced to take the drive offline every time.

• Administrators

Images and videos are not scanned even if not excluded. Speaking about backup, we recommend excluding the process that performs backup.

• 1 month later...

Why was this question unanswered? I have multiple 2GB hard drives full of historical data I wish to exclude just to save time on scans. Can't do it in the latest version of Nod32. Why? Or how?

• Administrators

Excluding whole drives from scanning is not allowed in gui. However, you can export the configuration, add the necessary exclusion and import it at your own risk. However, if you have there files that may carry malware and they get infected or if malware makes it to excluded drives, the malware may run undetected.