Quick Question regarding HTTP filter alerts

Recently while browsing in Chrome, ESET threw up a warning that it had filtered an HTTP event. It gave a big red warning with the following info:

Scanner: HTTP Filter

Object type: File

Object: {Redacted because it may be live malware}

Detection: JS/Adware.Subprop.O application

Action: Connection terminated

User: {Redacted}

Information: Event occurred during an attempt to access the web by the application {Path to Chrome}

Hash: {Redacted, can be provided on request}

My question is - Does this indicate that my system has been breached, and further cleaning action is necessary? Or did ESET stop this attack before it occurred, and no further action is necessary? I am performing a full system scan currently (will take several hours), but if a breach occurred, I realize that even a full system scan could be unreliable.

I am running on a fully patched latest version of Windows 10, on ESET NOD32 version 13.1.21.0, detections updated on 4/23/2020 at 8:22:22 AM PST.

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

• Administrators

It means that ESET detected malware in the http traffic and blocked it before it reached your system. Connection is terminated automatically in automatic cleaning mode.

Thanks very much, Marcos!

If that's the case, then I take it that the malware didn't get a chance to do it's badness, and it should be safe to use the system still.

I will wait until the full system scan is done regardless, but I appreciate the information. I didn't know if it was saying "ESET has stopped this potential attack" or if it was saying "ESET found something inside the system that may indicate a larger problem".