Eset internet security and eicar test file

Eset not block the eicar test file. Ex:-  eicarcom2.zip , eicarcom2.zip (https) 

Other major internet security providers are block all eicar test file. 

Why eset block dangerous files or programs after download from web browser, but other internet securities are block the dangerous downloads before it's download from web browser. 

Detected files are shows only in logs file report option but quarantine folder is empty. So where is the detected files?.

Eset startup splash screen taking too much of time (nearly 1 minute). 

Eset internet security is very light product, but it's required internet connection every 1 hour.  If we not connect the internet on that time the annoying message is appearing every 5 minutes time (bottom right side) and eset user interface change to yellow color. so eset internet security also required full resources from pc/laptop.  So without internet connection eset isn't protect the pc?

20200407_003449.jpg

• Administrators

It indeed blocks it. If not, then you most likely have SSL filtering or Web access protection disabled :

image.png

Sir, First of all I would like to thank you for the quick response. 

Did you check the these two files (eicarcom2.zip , eicarcom2.zip (https)), but other eicar files are detected by Eset internet security. I used the Edge browser not firefox.

If yes , then how to enable the SSL filtering or Web access protection. (I think automatically eset internet security enable these settings by default when we download and install the eset internet security) so we don't need to do any changes after installation?.

9 minutes ago, Prash said:

Did you check the these two files (eicarcom2.zip , eicarcom2.zip (https)),

I also just tested these two downloads in FireFox and Eset detects. I currently have Edge start up blocked in Win 10 so I can't test using Edge.

Also which version of Edge are you using; the new Chromium based version?

No, it's normal version. Chromium edge version still I not started to use. Firefox also I'm not interested to use. I'm using only edge and Internet explorer only.

OK. I enabled Edge startup use.

Both the eicarcom2.zip downloads blocked by Eset. See below screen shot:

Eset_Edge.thumb.png.06363e59d1c38eef4d1c8696498ff49e.png

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Prash said:

Eset not block the eicar test file. Ex:-  eicarcom2.zip , eicarcom2.zip (https) 

Other major internet security providers are block all eicar test file. 

Why eset block dangerous files or programs after download from web browser, but other internet securities are block the dangerous downloads before it's download from web browser. 

Detected files are shows only in logs file report option but quarantine folder is empty. So where is the detected files?.

Eset startup splash screen taking too much of time (nearly 1 minute). 

Eset internet security is very light product, but it's required internet connection every 1 hour.  If we not connect the internet on that time the annoying message is appearing every 5 minutes time (bottom right side) and eset user interface change to yellow color. so eset internet security also required full resources from pc/laptop.  So without internet connection eset isn't protect the pc?

20200407_003449.jpg

Eset works offline but all AVs are best used with an internet connection to keep them up to date. When enabled eset livegrid is used to send suspicious stuff back to eset to help eset find new malware quickly (probably not explained it fully)