Certificate Issues for Firefox 74.0 64bit

• ESET Insiders
4 hours ago, itman said:

Here's a web site: https://ipinfo.info/html/testvirus.php , that will perform eicar 2x, 3x, and 4x .zip plus .tar, .gz, and .cab HTTPS downloads. Eset using FireFox detected them all. 

Eset_Eicar.thumb.png.ee45907e8ca66caab7d1e8c8c83b9bc3.png

Thanks for the site. All are detected here in Opera and Edge. In FF only the .com is. All others are able to be downloaded and then are caught by RTP,

On 4/30/2020 at 3:26 AM, Marcos said:

There is no reason to argue about the issue here. The cause is known and I too was able to reproduce it. Probably next week we will release a new Internet protection module for those updating from pre-release update channel that will address the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders
3 minutes ago, Posolsvetla said:

The issue is fixed in the Internet protection module version 1396; currently it is available on pre-release update servers.

Noticed this and was about to post the same thing lol. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

So I had to reinstall firefox today.  I have noticed that the certificate is not put into firefox authorites certificates!!  Did that change?

I did follow these steps

• In Firefox, type 'about:config' in the address bar
  • If prompted, accept any warnings
  • Right-click to create a new boolean value, and enter 'security.enterprise_roots.enabled' as the Name
  • Set the value to 'true'

When I go to one of my sites it says you are securely connected to this site by eset.  So even though I don't see the eset certificate in firefox certificate store I'm still being protected right?

1 hour ago, Purpleroses said:

So even though I don't see the eset certificate in firefox certificate store I'm still being protected right?

Yes.