Password Manager on second computer

Hello,

I recently upgraded my licenses to Premium and started using the Password Manager.

Now I'm trying to use my newly created password store on another computer as well, but when I try to connect I get the error: 'ESET Password Manager can not download database from the account you are connecting.'

How do I fix this?

Gr. Han

eset-pwm-error.png

Update: I am connected now to the password store, but it won't synchronize.

Edited by HanTim

3 hours ago, HanTim said:

Now I'm trying to use my newly created password store on another computer as well, but when I try to connect I get the error: 'ESET Password Manager can not download database from the account you are connecting.'

Are you trying to use the Eset Password store created on one device on another device with Eset installed, and the other device is using a different license than the device where the password store was created?

6 hours ago, HanTim said:

Update: I am connected now to the password store, but it won't synchronize.

Did you verify that your have Internet connectivity?

Synchronization

Password Manager allows you to synchronize and back up your encrypted database to a secure cloud or to your devices.

Synchronization status is shown in the bottom of the main window.

MONITOR_GREENSynchronized at HH:MM:SS AM/PM – A green check mark displayed with a time stamp means your account was successfully synchronized.

MONITOR_ORANGE Sync disabled – Synchronization is not working, your license may have expired or Password Manager cannot connect to Internet.

https://help.eset.com/password_manager/2/en-US/web_accounts.html?sync.html

1 hour ago, HanTim said:

I upgraded last week from Internet to Smart Premium.

Did you uninstall EIS and then install ESS? I am wonder if there may be some issue in regards to Eset firewall rules possibly blocking the Password Manager connection if EIS wasn't uninstalled.

Edited by itman

I did not uninstall and reinstall ESET. I can't find anything that points to the firewall blocking the Password Manager. Then again, the whole setup it so complicated I can't make head or tails of it. For some reason it fails to synchronize. That's what it says: Synchronization Failed, with a timestamp. 

So I bit the bullet and uninstalled, restarted the computer and reinstalled ESET. And to quote the infamous John McClane: 'yippee ki yay, motherf cker', IT WORKS!

Is it just me, or are these security programs always unnecessary complicated. (Excuse me for venting)

ITMAN; Thank you very much for taking the time to help me.