What do I do to correct this error

• Administrators

Do you have the latest version of ESET Security for MS Exchange 7.1.10011.0 installed? If so, I would recommend opening a support ticket with your local ESET distributor so that the case is properly tracked.

Please carry on as follows with troubleshooting:

- download and unpack Procmon
- enable advanced network protection and advanced update engine logging (normally it's in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics, in EMSX it may be elsewhere).
- run update
- stop logging in Procmon and disable advanced logging too
- save the Procmon log and compress it
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector
- provide both the Procmon log and ELC logs for perusal.

I installed the new version on my 2012 exchange server and now we are not receiving any outside emails. We have a hybrid configuration. We are using Office 365. This situation is now critical.

We can only receive mail if ALL the ESET server protection is disabled. I tried disabling protection service types one at a time but we did not get mail until all the protection was disabled.

• Administrators

Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector. According to developers, there should be nothing special about configuration of hybrid Exchange and EMSX should work right away after installation and scan email.

You also wrote that it started to work after disabling all protection modules. It'd be good if you could narrow it down to the particular protection module.

Marcos,

It seems to be the Real Time Scanner causing the stop in mail flow. I don't know where to find the "Log Collector" in the new version. I ran a "SysInspector" log collection and I will send that to you via PM. The only other "Log" tools I see in the new version is the "Log Files" link on the left which opens the logs by type of occurrence (event, scans, etc.). Is that what you are looking for?

This was completely resolved by uninstalling the ESET product, rebooting and reinstalling the new version again. Thank you for your time and help. You may lock this thread if necessary.