ERA Agent 6.5 uninstallation fail

I have an error when trying to uninstall ERA Agent 6.5 which is preventing me from not only uninstalling it normally from the Control Panel but also from updating it from a Software Installation type GPO.

image.png.dade7d80d4dd2340198158033ef77bd8.png

image.png.67bb115ede1b1f7586648c51e14af73b.png

The agent (Win 7 x64) was previously installed via GPO as indicated in this guide.
https://help.eset.com/era_admin/65/en-US/fs_agent_deploy_gpo.html

I also cannot upgrade to version 7.1 via GPO due to this same error; and I need perform upgrade via GPO.

image.png.2a547c7b6f4e0d5145c7e8a9504ba166.png

I followed this post and attached the logs obtained so please assist me in a solution of this problem.

Best regards
Gabriel

install.log

Edited by neok
edit tittle

• ESET Staff

According to log, problem is that installer cannot access database file:

C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Data\data.db

Could you verify is is actually there? Also could you check there is no ERAAgent.exe process running when installer prints mentioned error? Another process locking access to this file might be also reason for this issue.

1 hour ago, MartinK said:

According to log, problem is that installer cannot access database file:

C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Data\data.db

Could you verify is is actually there? Also could you check there is no ERAAgent.exe process running when installer prints mentioned error? Another process locking access to this file might be also reason for this issue.

C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator does not exists:

image.png.00618af1f13166552fed983ba7280ccc.png

ESET Remote Administrator Agent does not exist on services.msc console nor task manager show any process of this service.

However, the agent is still installed and cannot be uninstalled or updated.

image.png.ae33b352335d45cec82eaea85133969b.png

image.png

Edited by neok

• ESET Staff

I would recommend to use the ESET Uninstaller tool in the safe mode, that will remove all remains of the previous agent (it´s obviously corrupted installation, where windows thinks it´s still there, but it´s not). Then clean installation should work just fine. 

4 hours ago, MichalJ said:

I would recommend to use the ESET Uninstaller tool in the safe mode, that will remove all remains of the previous agent (it´s obviously corrupted installation, where windows thinks it´s still there, but it´s not). Then clean installation should work just fine. 

Unfortunately this is not a suitable solution for me, as I have hundreds of computers. Besides, it's not that this happens to me in a single client, it happens to me in every single computer.
I don't understand why I can't uninstall or upgrade the agent the same way I installed it.

Gabriel

• ESET Staff

What was the method used for installation? In general, it should work, but it seems that in your case setup is somehow corrupted, or blocked. MartinK above gave you some recommendations about how to proceed in this case. 

Also, are the machines connecting correctly to the management server? 

10 hours ago, MichalJ said:

What was the method used for installation? In general, it should work, but it seems that in your case setup is somehow corrupted, or blocked. MartinK above gave you some recommendations about how to proceed in this case. 

Also, are the machines connecting correctly to the management server? 

The method used for installation was described in my first post:

The agent (Win 7 x64) was previously installed via GPO as indicated in this guide.
https://help.eset.com/era_admin/65/en-US/fs_agent_deploy_gpo.html

Of course that the machines has a connection with the server.