ESMC 7.1 sorting in GUI

NAME

VERSION

Update module 1018.1 (20190709)
Translation support module 1771 (20191029)
SysInspector module 1274 (20180918)
SSL module 1041B (20190913)
Push Notification Service module 1053 (20190321)
Configuration module 1822.1 (20191028)

ESET Security Management Center (Server), Version 7.1 (7.1.717.0)
ESET Security Management Center (Web Console), Version 7.1 (7.1.393.0)

When I upgraded to 7.1 it seems i have lost the ability to sort in the GUI. Example, I use to be able to click on the status tab under All and it would sort machines by status. Now it does not. nothing happens at all. Status tab is just an example, i also use computer name and description quite a bit to sort by alphabet. This no longer works as expected. I know some things changed in this version and I am wondering if I am missing something/doing it wrong?

• Administrators

For me sorting by status works. Make sure there is no number next to the arrow. As of ESMC 7.1, you can define primary, secondary and tertiary sorting which is indicated by numbers 1,2,3 respectively.

image.png

In such case, click the column title until the number disappears and records are sorted by the Status column:

image.png

• 1 month later...

Hello i am using the following

ESET Management Agent 7.1.717.0  
ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7.2.2055.0

I cannot get the computer names to sort alphabetically.  You can click on the computer name in headers and they cycle through with little numbers 1,2,3 and then no numbers but the list does not change

• ESET Staff

Hello,

Sorting by computer name is possible. It´s a bit more difficult to achieve it, as we have changed the way how the sorting is controlled. Numbers 1/2/3 indicate the order in which the sorting is applied, the arrow shows in which direction the sorting is applied. In case you do not have any arrow, and any number in your column headers, just click on the "computer name" header, and the arrow would appear. Arrow down means Z-A and arrow Up means A-Z sorting. 

sorting.jpg

• ESET Staff

Hello,

the sorting behavior in ESMC 7.1 is described here:

https://help.eset.com/esmc_admin/71/en-US/filters_layout_customization.html

Excuse my ignorance but i am new to this product.  So if i understand you correctly i can not sort computer names as an example the following:

ampub

dmpub

bmpub

empub

to be

ampub

bmpub

dmpub

empub

I makes finding certain computers in a list of  250 computers rather painful

when i was adding computers they were in alphabetical order

Edited by walleyeman
left out

• ESET Staff
53 minutes ago, walleyeman said:

Excuse my ignorance but i am new to this product.  So if i understand you correctly i can not sort computer names as an example the following:

ampub

dmpub

bmpub

empub

to be

ampub

bmpub

dmpub

empub

I makes finding certain computers in a list of  250 computers rather painful

when i was adding computers they were in alphabetical order

Sorting of this kind should be definitely possible. As previously mentioned, only possible issue might be that multi-column sorting is actually used (indicated by index number in column header you described). Could you check all other columns for sorting indicator and disabling sorting by those other columns to be sure only computer name is used?

29 minutes ago, MartinK said:

Sorting of this kind should be definitely possible. As previously mentioned, only possible issue might be that multi-column sorting is actually used (indicated by index number in column header you described). Could you check all other columns for sorting indicator and disabling sorting by those other columns to be sure only computer name is used?

I expanded column header and found 2 columns that were also configured cleared them and everything is working properlu

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Add my vote to changing the sort behavior to the previous style in ERA.  Sorting is a now a two to 3 step nuisance.  Simply click once on a header and it should sort strictly by that column.  Most web and executable software behaves this way.

PLEASE Eset can you revert to the previous behavior for sorting.

• ESET Staff

Hello to all. Next versions of ESMC / ECA will have the "old behavior" reverted back. Meaning single column sorting by default, with one click application, and multi sorting available on request, via a context menu. 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Edited by MichalJ