Removal of Endpoint and Console

beethoven

Currently Running ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.2.171.0
ESET Remote Administrator (Web Console), Version 6.2.155.0 and 

ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6.2.2033.0 / 
ESET Remote Administrator Agent 6.2.190.0 on workstations

Just would like to clarify the best way to completely remove the programs.  Are there any special removal exe files recommended for download or will add/remove suffice?  Workstations all run on Win 7.  

• ESET Staff

Add & Remove should suffice. In case of any issues, you can use ESET Uninstaller, however this one needs to be run in safe mode. 

In general, I would recommend to uninstall the security product first, and agent the second.

If I may ask, what is the reason for the removal? You are running quite dated versions of the products, 6.2 is almost 4 years old. 

Michalj, 

thanks for your response.  When you refer to security product first and agent second - do you mean Remote Administrator being the Security product and Agent the individual desktops?  If that is the case, I would need to physically access each desktop? Just to be prepared, can you provide a link for the uninstaller, so that I don't have to scramble if on the day I run into some issue.

As for the reason, yes, the product is dated and we could have upgraded but we decided to move to another product for now. 

• ESET Staff

Exactly the other way around. Security product is "Endpoint Antivirus" and Agent is the ESET Remote Administrator. 

You can uninstall the product via the console (software uninstallation task) and then you can execute "stop managing, uninstall ERA agent ask". 

It´s exactly as you have stated, you were using really dated version, which has been improved greatly on both management interface side, and on the Endpoint side. If I may ask, to which vendor you are moving to? If you do not require to disclose this information publicly, it might be interesting for us to understand why you have decided to do the switch, and what were the decision criteria. 

Thank you,

Michal