esmc server not talking to itself

esmc 7.0.577.0 on win 2012r2

server seems to work OK, but lost communication with itself over a month ago.

I had to change some java paramaters to apache tomcat 7, and every so often MS sql gets updated, apart from that no idea why the problem.

See attached file

regards

roga

lost-communication.png

• Administrators

Do you have ESMC Agent installed on the server?
Are there any errors in C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html  or trace.log?

Yes I do have some logs, this from trace.log:

2019-07-13 16:59:49 Error: CReplicationModule [Thread a64]: InitializeFailOverScenario: Skipping fail-over scenario (stored replication link is the same as current)
2019-07-13 16:59:49 Error: CReplicationModule [Thread a64]: CAgentReplicationManager: Replication finished unsuccessfully with message: InitializeConnection: Initiating replication connection to 'host: "foo.bar" port: 2222' failed with: GetAuthenticationSessionToken: Failed to fetch device session token in timeReplication details: [Task: CReplicationConsistencyTask, Scenario: Automatic replication (REGULAR), Connection: foo.bar:2222, Connection established: false, Replication inconsistency detected: false, Server busy state detected: false, Realm change detected: false, Realm uuid: 8b516388-61e4-4298-b909-c8b9c8477811, Sent logs: 0, Cached static objects: 0, Cached static object groups: 0, Static objects to save: 0, Static objects to delete: 0, Modified static objects: 0]
2019-07-13 17:03:47 Warning: CReplicationModule [Thread a64]: GetAuthenticationSessionToken: Received failure status response: TEMPORARILY_UNAVAILABLE (Error description: session token temporarily unavailable, device is not enrolled yet)
2019-07-13 17:04:49 Warning: CReplicationModule [Thread a64]: GetAuthenticationSessionToken: Received failure status response: TEMPORARILY_UNAVAILABLE (Error description: session token temporarily unavailable, device is not enrolled yet)
2019-07-13 17:04:49 Error: CReplicationModule [Thread a64]: InitializeConnection: Initiating replication connection to 'host: "foo.bar" port: 2222' failed with: GetAuthenticationSessionToken: Failed to fetch device session token in time
2019-07-13 17:04:49 Warning: CReplicationModule [Thread a64]: InitializeConnection: Not possible to establish any connection (Attempts: 1)

This from status:

Status log

Scope Time Text
Last authentication 2019-Jul-25 09:52:08 Enrollment OK
Last replication 2019-Jul-25 09:48:10 ERROR: InitializeConnection: Initiating replication connection to 'host: "foo.bar" port: 2222' failed with: GetAuthenticationSessionToken: Failed to fetch device session token in time
  • Replication details: [Task: CReplicationConsistencyTask, Scenario: Automatic replication (REGULAR), Connection: foo.bar:2222, Connection established: false, Replication inconsistency detected: false, Server busy state detected: false, Realm change detected: false, Realm uuid: ***, Sent logs: 0, Cached static objects: 0, Cached static object groups: 0, Static objects to save: 0, Static objects to delete: 0, Modified static objects: 0]
  • All replication attempts: 10
Peer certificate 2019-Jul-25 09:14:48 OK
  • Agent peer certificate with subject 'CN=Agent at *, OU=foo, O=bar, S=london, C=GB' issued by 'CN=Server Certification Authority, OU=foo, O=bar, S=london, C=GB' with serial number "***" is and will be valid in 30 days
Product 2019-Jul-25 09:14:33 Product install configuration:
  • Product type: Agent
  • Product version: 7.0.577.0
  • Product locale: en_US
Replication security 2019-Jul-25 09:18:21 OK
  • Remote host:foo.bar
  • Remote product: Server

• ESET Staff

I would recommend to restart ESMC Agent service if possible (might be problem in case ESET product is also installed). There seems to be some problem with fetching so called "HW fingerprint", either there is some problem with system interface  or something is stuck. could you also verify status of WMI on this machine? Especially whether it is functional.

13 hours ago, MartinK said:

I would recommend to restart ESMC Agent service if possible (might be problem in case ESET product is also installed). There seems to be some problem with fetching so called "HW fingerprint", either there is some problem with system interface  or something is stuck. could you also verify status of WMI on this machine? Especially whether it is functional.

Only way to restart service is to restart the machine, which I have done, but no change.
WMI is fine, I can query and get info.
So since yesterday, I have rebooted the server, but no change in status

On 7/26/2019 at 10:14 AM, MichalJ said:

Then the only option will be to remove the agent, and try to install it again. 

That appears to have worked, but I ended up having a stale record (i guess linked to the original agent) which I have since deleted, and now all looks OK.