recovering license info

• Most Valued Members

Hi,

Is there a way to get back the license if I've removed it from the license panel?  I tried retrieving it from the Business Account site, but I couldn't figure it out. 

The reason why I'm asking is that when I try to do a product activation on an AV installed system, the license panel only has the offline entries and no online ones.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

ewong

Edited by ewong

• Administrators

Perhaps you could post some screen shots of the EBA license manager with sensitive data blurred for clarification.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Perhaps you could post some screen shots of the EBA license manager with sensitive data blurred for clarification.

Attached is a screenshot with only 3 offline licenses and no 'main license'.  As for importing the license... I'll need to dig for that.  It's been a long time since i've touched any nod.lic file.  

Clipboard01.jpg

• ESET Staff

If you have added the license to your security admin account / ESET Business Account, and you add the credentials, does it work? Does your environment have connectivity to edf.eset.com?

Do you have the original license key? (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX).Can you add the key directly? 

• Most Valued Members

Hi Michalj,

I gave up and allowed that server to access the Internet just this once.  Added the license and it worked.

Thanks.

Edmund

• Administrators

and allowed that server to access the Internet just this once

This is very important information that hasn't been mentioned until now. Without ESMC server being able to communicate with ESET's EDF servers, you can only add an offline license file and use it for activating the appropriate ESET security product on offline machines that report to ESMC.

• Most Valued Members
On 7/23/2019 at 6:37 PM, Marcos said:

This is very important information that hasn't been mentioned until now. Without ESMC server being able to communicate with ESET's EDF servers, you can only add an offline license file and use it for activating the appropriate ESET security product on offline machines that report to ESMC.

Hi Marcos,

I actually mentioned it in another thread titled "ESMC requiring internet access to activate" and as I understand it, it didn't need internet access.  But to be fair, I probably made a feeble attempt at asking the right question.

My apologies.

Edmund

• Administrators

One thing is that ESMC can work without Internet access if you ensure that modules be updated occasionally and another thing is management of other license units than those covered by the imported offline license file. Moreover, when deploying ESET's products you will need to download installers elsewhere and copy them to a common share in order for software install tasks to work.

Needless to say that some features / services, such as ESET Dynamic Threat Defense, cannot work without Internet access at all but that's an extra service that requires an EDTD license anyways.