Upgraded to version 12.2.23.0

I just updated to the new version and I remember on advance set up under update profile there  use to be a place where you could enable or disable notification for virus signatures.  I don't see that anymore  under there but  under tools notifications basic display notification about successful update there is no check mark in box does that mean that it is enable or disable for  successful virus signature popup on desktop?  I'm kind of confused.  I'm just trying to figure out if it needs a check mark in the box to be enabled or does it not need a check mark there to see the pop about virus signature on desktop?

Edited by Purpleroses

That setting was dectivated by the update to version 12.2.23.0 on my PC and I had to reenable it under Tools -> Notifications.

1 hour ago, User said:

That setting was dectivated by the update to version 12.2.23.0 on my PC and I had to reenable it under Tools -> Notifications.

Hello,

I cannot find this setting  ? ☹️

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Purpleroses said:

So there should be a check mark in the box to enable it right?

If you have v12.2 and want to receive notifications about module updates, then yes, the above setting must be enabled.

Hello,

ESET Internet Security 12.2.23.0 French version is installed on Windows 10 Enterprise 1903.
The tools only offer email notifications (image 1).
Same thing in the online help, even if the screenshot of the help resumes "Basic" and "Desktop Notifications" (images 2 and 3).
Is there a problem with the French version? It would be weird if the update forgot a part of my home.

On the other hand, the bug of the weekly analysis programmed on Saturday at 3pm and which started at 2pm AND at 3pm is apparently corrected.

Thank you…

Michel
Brussels
(sorry for my english)

ESET Notifications.jpg

ESET Notifications2.jpg

ESET Notifications3.jpg

Edited by MichWeb

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, MichWeb said:

The tools only offer email notifications (image 1).

Personally I've never seen or heard of an issue like that. I'd recommend contacting your local customer care so that a regular support ticket is created and tracked in the system. It will need to be looked at by developers.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Personally I've never seen or heard of an issue like that. I'd recommend contacting your local customer care so that a regular support ticket is created and tracked in the system. It will need to be looked at by developers.

Hello Marcos,
Thank you for your reply.
I will contact local support already with an ESET Log Collector file.
Michel

• Administrators

What version of the Configuration Engine module do you have? Did you select to restart the machine after upgrade to v12.2.23?

image.png

@Marcos Same Config module as yours, and yes I did reboot after upgrading. You'll also notice I have 2 things modified in 'Email notifications' from the default settings, and those 2 things are not in the Email section? They are probably in the 'Basic' or 'Desktop Notification' sections, which are now missing. I'm pretty sure I turned off the 'Successful Update Notification' and out of nowhere about 2 months ago I started to get the 'Security Report' notification on the 1st of every month, but I never looked into why did that start happening.  I'm not too worried about it, in 6 months this license is up and this Win 7 OS goes down the toilet. 

Config Module.jpg

Hi Swamp Yankee,
Hi Marcos,

Same configuration module as you two.
The PC had restarted well.
I have never changed anything in email notifications (never asked) and I have always chosen to receive "notifications of successful updates". The security reports arrived well.

ESET Config.jpg

29 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please provide me with logs collected with ESET Log Collector.

File sent in private.
Thank you.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

If you uninstall EIS v12.2 and install it from scratch, does it resolve the issue?

The uninstall / reinstallation solved the problem of notifications. The Tools / Notifications menu is complete.
For your information, the installer first installed version 11.2.63.0, I let the first scan of the computer and then restart the PC for the automatic installation of 12.2.23.0.
Everything is OK. But if it is necessary to go through the reinstallation, it is too bad.
... I have just received a notification.

I received a local customer service ticket. This one will see if there is a bug somewhere.

Thanks again.

• Administrators

Did you download the fresh Live Installer from www.eset.com? It should install v12.2.23 and not v11 as you wrote.

1 hour ago, MichWeb said:

For your information, the installer first installed version 11.2.63.0, I let the first scan of the computer and then restart the PC for the automatic installation of 12.2.23.0.

My own opinion is that upgrades from a prior xx version can be problematic. Upgrades within a xx version are OK. As a rule, you should always do a fresh install of the current Eset version when a full new release is issued; e.g. to ver. 12 when ver. 11.xx.xx is installed.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Did you download the fresh Live Installer from www.eset.com? It should install v12.2.23 and not v11 as you wrote.

In fact, the installation file at address https://support.eset-nod32.fr/kb2788/ installs an old version.
The one at the address https://www.eset.com/be-fr/download-home/ installs the last one.
ESET should update its support pages (all languages may not be affected).

The local support ticket has been closed.

Edited by MichWeb

On 7/22/2019 at 2:14 PM, MichWeb said:

The uninstall / reinstallation solved the problem of notifications. The Tools / Notifications menu is complete.

The same here.

There's another cosmetic problem. The "Advanced Machine Learning Module" is not displayed under Modules. Only after switching to beta updates is it displayed. After that it will also be displayed if you have changed back to normal updates. The same after a second unintallation, reinstallation and several restarts.

Edited by 100