ESET Cloud Administartor - Client Installer

Hi ESET Team,

Currently I'm facing one issue when try to download the endpoint package from the link downloaded from the ESET Cloud Administrator.

Please refer attach image for the error. I've tried to run the installer package from few PC's  and resulting the same error.

Any prompt response would be appreciated

esetcloud.png

• ESET Staff

What you need to do, is to generate a new installer for ECA. It most probably references an Endpoint version, which is no longer available in the repository. Have you attempted to login to your ECA, generate a new installer and tried installing it? 

installers.png

Edited by MichalJ

• 1 month later...

I'm currently testing ECA within the trial period and I'm new to ESET products. Unfortunately I have the same problem: The status of the ESET Endpoint Security installer package in ECA is shown 'OK', but installation fails on several computers running Windows 10 (x64, German localization) with the same error as posted by Ali Akbar above.

Could you please let me know what solved the problem for you?

After some testing I can report more details:

The Endpoint Security and Endpoint Antivirus Live-Installer packages created in ECA (ESET Cloud Administrator) fail on any Windows 10 machine here with the "Compatible package not found" error.

Only if if there is G Data Endpoint Protection installed, the ESET Live-Installer starts without error. After uninstalling the G Data Software, ESET installer fails again - on the same machine!

Installation of G Data Endpoint Protection software works on all machines without error. Also installation of ESET All-In-One-Installers created in ESCM (ESET Security Management Center) works on all machines without error.

I assume the ECA Live-Installer packages fail due to some Windows Defender related security settings, that might be changed by installing the security software of another vendor like G Data.

I've tested on the following operating system(s): Windows 10 Pro, x64, German localization, v1809 and v1903, physical and virtual machines.

Does anyone have an idea how to get this fixed? As I'm new to ESET products: Is ECA already "stable" to be used for clients in production environments?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• ESET Staff

Could you please provide logs located in directory %temp%\eset\ (i.e. in temporary directory of user that executed installer)? This specific error means that it was not possible to find installer matching requirements. Most commonly when in case:

• version of product is no longer available (if version was explicitly requested when configuring installer)
  • operating system is not supported by selected product (desktop vs. server products)
  • ESET repository servers (repository.eset.com) are not available. Access might be blocked by other security-related software, or HTTP proxy configuration might be required.

MartinK, you're great! Thanks for your suggestion about problems accessing the ESET repository servers.

The firewall in our network provides a transparent HTTP proxy. This seemed to cause the problem. After adding  HTTP exceptions in the transparent proxy for the test computers the ECA Live-Installer package starts without error.

Thanks again for your support, you saved my weekend!

🙂