[SOLVED]ESET Nod32 wont update modules, even if cach is empty

Hi there, iv been hitting a little problem lately, on my win 10 desktop i keep getting the error that ESET is having a problem, and i can see that it cant update its module.

I allready tried the trick F5 update clear cach.. didnt work. My licence is good till 2021, i have reboot several times and i have access to the internet...

Any idea?  BTW my ESET is in french, so if you point me toward some specific, just be sur ill be able to find what your pointing to me please.

Thanks

ESET.PNG

Edited by Michel P.

• Administrators

Please enable network protection and update engine advanced logging in the advanced setup -> tools and run update. Next disable logging, gather logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive.

Also if possible, try updating one machine directly, bypassing the firewall just in case.

42 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Do you or your ISP use a Fortinet firewall or IPS? They are known to corrupt bigger update files.

Can you provide Fortinet FortiOS version, IPS rule that does this? We have Fortigate on multiple location but I have never noticed any corruption. Does this effect v5 or v6 and v7 also?

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, bbahes said:

Can you provide Fortinet FortiOS version, IPS rule that does this? We have Fortigate on multiple location but I have never noticed any corruption. Does this effect v5 or v6 and v7 also?

See https://forum.eset.com/topic/17535-eset-corrupted-file/ for more information.

18 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please enable network protection and update engine advanced logging in the advanced setup -> tools and run update. Next disable logging, gather logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive.

Also if possible, try updating one machine directly, bypassing the firewall just in case.

Thanks you for your response… im not sur where to find what your asking, logging for Network and update engine… since my ESET is in french im looking throught it but Nothing seem to read like what your saying. Here's a pic of my F5.

eset2.PNG

BTW if i go in OUTILS(Tools in french) i have  an EVENT logging where there is only thing in EVENT, Nothing in computer analyse, bloc files, sent emails, HIPS, Network protection. I have some data in Web Site, Détections and Events which has a lot...

Hopes this help.

So our TZ-400 is starting to block the update??? Must be something i can put in my TZ-400 to let the access go...

Edited by Michel P.

Well it looks like it my object rule to cut people from Streaming radio on the internet…… What kind of file are we talking here for the update?

Well it worked. I had 2 entry in there to cut application/octet-Stream and one for shockwave...

When i removed them it worked...

Thanks a lot for your help.