Failed client install task (error 0x4e2a)

Unable to complete install client task - "Failed to run task: The referenced repository package is not available" on some devices sometimes.

Additional, why I don't use "Install by direct package URL" with LAN source file? Because then I need to control client OS bit-s. When "Install package from repository" I don't care about what client OS bit has.

Suggested feature is to create it easy. For example additional option "install from LAN" where browse for LAN folder (not exactly msi file).  In this folder I may place both msi (32 and 64 bit) and dont waste my attention on clients OS bits.

Edited by rpnc
delete mising links

• ESET Staff

Hello @rpnc;

Which product and version are you using  (ESET Remote Administrator / ESET Security Management Center)?

As you pointed the task have problem to access the repository in the ESET servers "sometimes", from that I suggest you look into this KB and try to use some of the points there.

ESET Remote Administrator repository is not working (6.x) https://support.eset.com/kb5667/

By the way, which is the actual Repository setting on the server configuration?

• ESET Staff

Error you encountered means that is no longer available in repository. This might happen in case specific installer is removed from repository as it was replaced by newer version. This might happen especially some problem is detected or new modules are added into installers. If this is the case, once package is no longer available, installation attempts should fail on all machines sin then.

Also this problem might happen in case ESMC is configured to used different repository than ERA/ESMC Agents, where it might happen that package selected in installation task configuration is not available in different repository used by clients. By default, both ESMC and clients are using the same repository, so this might be problem in case you used some alternative repository (beta, prerelease) previously.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @Gonzalo Alvarez

and @MartinK

Problem solved - create local storage for .msi and create two (32/64bit) dynamic groups and two different client tasks.

I have feeling than eset public servers (who deploy installers) has a lag(s) or inaccessibility some times. But this is just a guess.

Edited by rpnc