Deleting non-required files from users

Hello everyone!

I started configuring an ERA server that was activated a long time ago on my company, and I got a suggestion from one of my bosses. They want to know when people on their computers (they all have the Agent installed) start downloading non-important files, like movies or music, and put the locations of those files inside a log, just like SysInspector does with malware or suspected files. I've been trying to find a way to get notified by the Endpoint Security software when people download files with certain extensions, or even getting a list of the files inside the Downloads folder, but all I got is the option of blocking them altogether with the use of the Firewall, and I think it's not the best option since they need to send videos sometimes. If there's nothing to do in this regard, it's okay, but if there's a way to delete those files, even with client tasks, it would help me a lot.

Thanks in advance!

• ESET Staff

Hello @Sikkerhet

Seems to be you're looking for something like a "Data Loss Prevention" software which also control what the user does and what happens to the files on the terminals with logs. Perhaps Safetica DLP, one of our Alliance can help you on that way.

You can got more info on their website, https://www.safetica.com/products/safetica-dlp

To prevent access to some websites and url we have "Control web" on the Endpoint Security products, which works by "Category" like "social networks" allowint to block, report or access all of them without write down each one or add a list.

If have any questions, let us know.