How can I remove Allow communication for/Block communication for so it is not appended to Firewall Rules.

• ESET Insiders

How can I remove this string of text,  "Allow communication for/Block Communication for" so that Eset does not append it to my firewall rules. I requested that this text be removed about 4 years ago when it was added during beta testing, and they acted as if they were going to do it. I assume they decided not to do it considering how long it has been. If I can edit some Eset file so that it does not append this useless string of text then that will have to be good enough.

You could always use the "Troubleshooting Wizard" to create allow rules. However those rule are prefixed with "Rule created by wizard." Guess Eset firewall has to append something to the rules it creates.

• ESET Insiders

I remember someone posting a few years ago that the user could edit some Eset file to prevent it from appending that string of text to the firewall rules. I don't know if that is still possible, or if it ever was possible.  The Action field tells the user if the rule is to Allow, or Deny the protocol.  The string of text is unneeded redundancy, and takes up quite a bit of space.

Edited by cutting_edgetech