Jump to content

Nod32 Linux v4


Recommended Posts

  • Most Valued Members

Hello ,

First of all I've been using ESET since ages , so I remember the age when I used to use v4

So I have a worry , that version 4 might be a little bit outdated? , maybe to switch to the endpoint product for Linux?

Or it's fine ? , maybe malware ,viruses can now bypass v4 outdated technology

Am I wrong somewhere? if so please correct me .

Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
34 minutes ago, Marcos said:

ESET NOD32 v4 for Linux desktop still receives updates and also the program itself has recently been updated to v4.0.90.

Thanks to you Marcos , I was worried because I use ESET to scan files before I send them to any other machine which is Windows machines so I don't want to infect any other machines by my Linux machine

I have always used ESET and I trust ESET and recommend it to everyone who needs an Anti-Virus , but I thought that it's not in development anymore (the linux version) , but thanks for the update and keep up the good work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have one small question -

Why is not implemented updating the build with a simple click, without install over the top?

Or repository debian/ ubuntu

Thanks for the time

Edited by opa-pro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
21 hours ago, opa-pro said:

I have one small question -

Why is not implemented updating the build with a simple click, without install over the top?

Or repository debian/ ubuntu

Thanks for the time

You mean like a repo where you should just type sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade and then if there was an ESET update it would go along the updates you will download?

 

A question : When you get the license now these days you get it as a cd-key , but you can't apply a cd-key to version 4 , what is possible to be done to be able to convert it?

Thanks

Edited by Rami
Added question
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Moderators

Hello @Rami,

On 9/15/2018 at 2:56 PM, Rami said:

A question : When you get the license now these days you get it as a cd-key , but you can't apply a cd-key to version 4 , what is possible to be done to be able to convert it?

You can send me the license key via a private message with a reference to this topic and I will provide you with the license username and password required.

Regards, P.R.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello @Rami,

You can send me the license key via a private message with a reference to this topic and I will provide you with the license username and password required.

Regards, P.R.

Okay once I need to do this I will submit a private message to you

 

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2018 at 3:56 PM, Rami said:

You mean like a repo where you should just type sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade and then if there was an ESET update it would go along the updates you will download?

 

A question : When you get the license now these days you get it as a cd-key , but you can't apply a cd-key to version 4 , what is possible to be done to be able to convert it?

Thanks

Yes. I want too the standard updates for Linux by repo.

Edited by Konstantin K.Y.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
On 9/18/2018 at 7:52 PM, Konstantin K.Y. said:

Yes. I want too the standard updates for Linux by repo.

It can be if ESET wanted , they can make a repo for them so the software updates using the repo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...