Remote Administrator Component Upgrade Task - Availability Date?

Hello ESET Team,

Any idea when the Remote Administrator Component Upgrade Task will become available for upgrading ERA v6.5 to ESMC v7? I know the manual upgrade is available, but with a project heavy workload, I'm looking for the easy win to get us on the new platform. Any information will be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Upgrade ERA OVA 6.5 to ESMC v7 w/ beta repository work perfect.

Upgrade ERA 6.5 windows  to ESMC v7 manually work perfect.

Upgrade agent 6.5 to agent v7 on Endpoint manually work perfect

Upgrade agent 6.5 to agent v7 on Endpoint w/ Component Upgrade Task, failed error error? 

File already exists 'C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Data\upgrade.json'. Cannot continue with agent upgrade

Delete 

upgrade.json'

and other error 

Error creating 'era-updater' service (0x430): (0x430), The specified service has been marked for deletion

Best

• ESET Staff
28 minutes ago, vanroy said:

Hello,

Upgrade ERA OVA 6.5 to ESMC v7 w/ beta repository work perfect.

Upgrade ERA 6.5 windows  to ESMC v7 manually work perfect.

Upgrade agent 6.5 to agent v7 on Endpoint manually work perfect

Upgrade agent 6.5 to agent v7 on Endpoint w/ Component Upgrade Task, failed error error? 

File already exists 'C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Data\upgrade.json'. Cannot continue with agent upgrade

Delete 

upgrade.json'

and other error 

Error creating 'era-updater' service (0x430): (0x430), The specified service has been marked for deletion

Best

It seems that there are remnants of previous upgrade attempts which prevents upgrade process to be started. For example it is not possible to register windows service, as one with the same is already there, marked for deletion. This happens for example in case some tool (process explorer as an example) prevents services to be removed instantly, and reboot is required to recover from this state. This happened on multiple devices?

What is the exact process for manually upgrading OVA ERA 6.5 to ESMC v7? Is there any prep work I need to do on endpoints before or after the update so that I can begin upgrading those endpoints to v7?

• ESET Staff
11 hours ago, whitelistCMD said:

What is the exact process for manually upgrading OVA ERA 6.5 to ESMC v7? Is there any prep work I need to do on endpoints before or after the update so that I can begin upgrading those endpoints to v7?

What exactly do you mean by "manually upgrading"? If migration of OVA to new appliance, there should be no configuration changes required, but you have to deploy new appliance so that it is accessible for clients under the same hostname/IP address. Certificates will be automatically migrated to new appliance.

By manually upgrading, I meant migration. My apologies for the confusion and the delay. I was just curious if it was possible to upgrade without re-deploying a new appliance, Thank you for your help. I appreciate it as always.

• ESET Staff
9 hours ago, whitelistCMD said:

By manually upgrading, I meant migration. My apologies for the confusion and the delay. I was just curious if it was possible to upgrade without re-deploying a new appliance, Thank you for your help. I appreciate it as always.

Yes, it is possible to just upgrade components inside of existing appliance, but I am not sure it was described in documentation, as it is not recommended.