Small bug or new functionality?

Greetings.

I would like to know if the fact that the program no longer eminates a sound alert when an analysis is finished is the product of a bug or so they have already programmed it.

In the configuration of the program, the option to emit the sound signal when an analysis is finished or detect a threat is activated, but only emits the sound when a threat is detected, but not when the analysis ends without incidents.

The feature never worked on any ver. of Eset I had  installed. Just attributed it to issues with my old PC audio driver.

8 hours ago, itman said:

Eset_Sound.thumb.png.f8296fce492343f8ab5fc02a8beced0d.png

Thank you @itman just to confirm The option "Use sound signal" in order to "work" the setting is with the blue check mark or with the X?

Camelia

18 minutes ago, camelia said:

The option "Use sound signal" in order to "work" the setting is with the blue check mark or with the X?

The blue check mark always indicates the option is enable.

Note as I stated previously, I have the option enable and I do not get any audibled alerts from Eset. Might have something to do also with the way "Sounds" are enabled in Windows or your third party audio driver if one is installed. 

But it must be something from this version, right?

Because if it was issued the audio alert earlier. When I analyzed several units, it was the sound alert that indicated that I had finished, to change the unit and not waste time.

• Administrators

Whilst it's true that the sound signal also depends on system sounds and the sound driver, there's actually a problem with this in v11.2.49. The issue will be addressed in the next v11.2 hotfix.

On 8/6/2018 at 11:59 AM, Marcos said:

Whilst it's true that the sound signal also depends on system sounds and the sound driver, there's actually a problem with this in v11.2.49. The issue will be addressed in the next v11.2 hotfix.

Thanks for the information.