Shared Cache SSH Access?

I am running ESLC 1.2.5 but I cannot find a way to access the shell to install the virtualization tools. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

• Former ESET Employees

Hi davidenco,

The appliance is closed without access to the shell. In case it doesn't fit you, it's possible to download standalone installation file: https://www.eset.com/int/business/server-antivirus/shared-local-cache/download/#installer-package and install everything by yourself with all the management benefits.

If you want to update existing VMtools, which are already included in ESLC, please do an update of the operating system via appliance UI. New VMware tools will be downloaded from VMware YUM repository.

Thank you

I have installed the OVA file on to XenServer, which works fine by the way. The only gripe is the tools are not included.

On that note, why does ESET not have any appliances for XenServer? Both ERA and ESLC works on XenServer, and with ERA I have already installed the XenTools via SSH.

• Former ESET Employees

Hi Davidenco,

XenServer is officially not supported nor tested on regarding .ova, only VMware infrastructure. Unfortunately, it's currently not planned to include support for XenServer, but we'll add it to our Customer Wishlist.

For such usecase, I'd recommend to install ESLC as a standalone component on CentOS, where you get full control over everything. 

Thank you for understanding and sorry for inconveniences.