Eset 11.0.159.9 does not update on some systems?

hrgajek

Hello to Bratislava :-)

I have various Computers with ESET NOD32 running on it.

Two identical Lenovo - same Hardware (Mainboard/processor/graphics) - running both under Windows 10 (1709 10.16299.371) and one Computer with Windows 7 Pro.

On one of the Win 10 and the Win 7 Computer I got offered the update to 11.1.42 and I did it. All went fine.

On the remaining Win 10 machine no update was offered. Even if i click manually for update, no offering.

Did you stop the offering (why?) or what are the criteria for an update?

thanks for Support.

• Administrators

Currently 11.0.159 is the latest version. We plan to release a newer version 11.1.X soon and your ESET will update automatically then.

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Currently 11.0.159 is the latest version. We plan to release a newer version 11.1.X soon and your ESET will update automatically then.

@Marcos I was actually just about to post about this. I had turned on a computer not used frequently to run updates, and noticed that ESET did not update to 11.1.42.1 AND that 11.0.159 is what is offered on the downloads page.

The fact that 11.1.42.1 was PULLED is demanding of a public explanation. After all the issues that have been reported regarding QA testing, does this mean that those of us on 11.1.42.x are running buggy security software? Should we "downgrade" all of our systems back to 11.0.159?

The lack of transparency and communication on what is clearly a critical issue is concerning, and almost intolerable.

Please @Marcos, explain to us why 11.1 has been pulled and what are the risks for those of us that were already upgraded?

Thank you.

@Marcos  @Peter Randziak ... can we please have some answers as to

1) Why 11.1.x.x was pulled, and

2) For those of us who have 11.1.42.x installed, what concerns should we have?

Looking at the EIS forum, the thread on uninstalling 11.1.42.x leading to a non-bootable machine is highly concerning, as is the total lack of documentation as to why a major revision was pulled, and users were not notified.

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

@howardagoldberg 

The reason why v11.1.42 installers were pulled down was, that we have identified an issue with migration of some of the non-default settings when upgrading from v11.0 via uPCU.  Other types of upgrade, such as installation via Live Installer, offline installer or PCU were not affected, as later investigation revealed. In order to mitigate impact on users, we decided to temporary pull down 11.1.42 until the issue is addressed on the product side. We released hotfix module update distributed alongside standard Detection engine updates to mitigate the issue for users, who already upgraded to 11.1.42.0 so they do not need to downgrade.

Regards, P.R.

@Peter Randziak, thank you for this explanation and for making clear that the reason for pulling 11.1.x.x was not due to security concerns/functionality bugs.

It would be very helpful, in my opinion, that when such actions are taken, that reasons be offered pro-actively vs. letting users wonder what is going on.

I appreciated your responsiveness!