Outlook and ESET Outlook Add-in Sync Issues/Conflicts

I have an Exchange 2013 server (Version 15.0 ‎Build 1365.1)‎ with a mixture of Office Professional Pro Plus 2010 and 2016 32-bit clients (updating all to 2016 later this year) running Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate. I am running ESET Endpoint Security 6.6.2064 and 6.6.2072.4 and am currently in the process of updating all to 2072. I am using the email client integration with ESET and Microsoft Outlook.

I noticed in some client's Outlook that every message delivered to shared mailboxes that they have access to also shows up in their Sync Issues - Conflicts folder with the reason "You have made changes to another copy of this item. Click here to view the other copy or to replace it with this version. Click here to view the other copy..." Clicking to view the copy opens up the original email that is in the shared mailbox.

I have found that on my computer disabling the ESET Outlook Add-in from within Outlook stops the influx of conflict messages. When I re-enable, the conflicts start up again.

Has anyone else seen similar issues?

Edited by John.From.VT

• Administrators

Sync issues occur if a particular email is modified concurrently, e.g. when scanned both on the server and client at the same time or when downloaded on more devices. If email is scanned on the email server, you can disable integration with Outlook. We've been working on a plug-in overhaul last months which will prevent sync issues and it will be included in Endpoint 7.0.X.

I don't have a license for ESET mail security, so it is not being scanned on the server by ESET, but it is likely being scanned by numerous clients who all have access to the same mailboxes. The plugin does catch the occasional email that gets by our spam appliance, so I may keep it enabled for now and wait for the next version.

Thanks Marcos. Any idea on when 7.0 may be released?