ads.adaptv.advertising.com

One of our pc appears to have been infected by some browser popup malware/junkware  - see attached screenshot.  According to some google research this seems to be some form of advertising junk that affects all your browsers. Is this not something that NOD would normally pick up?

Clipboard01.jpg

• Most Valued Members

Do you have "detection of both potentially unwanted and potentially unsafe applications switched on" in the advanced setup" ??.

The url itself is not dangerous, but certain apps install adware that redirects to that url. Like a lot of software nowadays you need to see if there is a "custom install" available when you are installing otherwise it will end up doing things like changing your browser to chrome and making yahoo your homepage without your knowledge and forcing these ads on you. 

cyberhash,  thank you - it's not my pc but appeared on a pc in one of our offices. I will ask the person to have a look tomorrow to see if this setting is used but I think in this office we are  using an enterprise version (not necessarily the latest), so config may be different to my own here (which is a stand-alone license). 

Is there anywhere a file I could check against if this particular threat/malware is detected or if installed NOD can remove it (with the right settings)?

Eset validates TRCA cert. status as noted by the below screen shot. You should have received an alert from NOD prior to any like browser alert. Do you have SSL protocol scanning enabled in NOD?

Eset_TRCA.thumb.png.efd023d667743a412c0ef7cd5706890b.png