Allow folder sharing

I have several folders shared with Windows 10, but can't access them from other computers unless I disable the Firewall. How can I change this unwanted behavior?

• ESET Insiders

Did you add the other pc/laptop ip in trusted zone ? Advanced Setup > Firewall > Advanced > Zones > Trusted zone

50 minutes ago, BALTAGY said:

Did you add the other pc/laptop ip in trusted zone ? Advanced Setup > Firewall > Advanced > Zones > Trusted zone

I don't know how to add an ip range to that. I hate the fuking Eset firewall is a pain in the aass.

Edited by Dakmp

• ESET Insiders
3 minutes ago, Dakmp said:

I don't know how to add an ip range to that. I hate the fuking Eset firewall is a pain in the aass.

You should do it in any Firewall not only ESET, also you don't need to add a whole range just add the pc/laptop ips you only trust

You can do it like 0.0.0.0,1.1.1.1

1 hour ago, Dakmp said:

I have several folders shared with Windows 10, but can't access them from other computers unless I disable the Firewall. How can I change this unwanted behavior?

Are these other computers on the same network that the Win 10 PC is?

Edited by itman

22 hours ago, itman said:

Are these other computers on the same network that the Win 10 PC is?

Yes, router is 192.168.0.1 my computer is 192.168.0.25 and the other 192.168.0.137 VNC works perfectly and other apps.

Edited by Dakmp

15 minutes ago, Dakmp said:

Yes, router is 192.168.0.1 my computer is 192.168.0.25 and the other 192.168.0.137 VNC works perfectly and other apps.

We need to know first if Eset firewall or the IDS is blocking the traffic. Post a screen shot of your Eset firewall log showing the alerts you have been receiving.

On 31/1/2018 at 9:37 PM, itman said:

We need to know first if Eset firewall or the IDS is blocking the traffic. Post a screen shot of your Eset firewall log showing the alerts you have been receiving.

The Firewall log doesn't show anything when trying to access from the other computer. Disabling it from Pause firewall (allow all traffic) works instantly.

r252dv.jpg

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Dakmp said:

Finally uninstalled ESET Internet Security and installed ESET NOD32 Antivirus. Such a pain in the asss.

2l90adt.jpg

Eset nod32 does not contain a firewall so while it will not block this anymore you will lose protection options. Best thing to do is create a support ticket.

• Administrators

Unfortunately, you didn't mention how you responded to the detection of a new network after installing EIS. If you selected your home network as home/office network (trusted), sharing within this network would have been allowed.

Please continue as follows:
- with EIS installed, enable advanced firewall logging in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics
- reboot the computer
- reproduce the issue
- disable advanced logging
- collect logs with ELC.

Once you have collected logs, upload the generated archive to a safe location (Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.) and drop me a message with a download link. The logs should reveal the root cause of the issue you are having.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/1/2018 at 6:10 PM, BALTAGY said:

You should do it in any Firewall not only ESET, also you don't need to add a whole range just add the pc/laptop ips you only trust

You can do it like 0.0.0.0,1.1.1.1

NO, you shouldn't, once you have trusted the NETWORK itself, adding specific devices IP's should never be a requirement, and that's why ESET firewalls sucks, I'm having issues aswell, my TV can't see the PC and all my movies and music are in it, adding the TV to the trusted zone (even though I already added the network as trusted) does not help, only disabling the firewall does, and this has been like this since version 9, that's why I use other security software and only try  to come back to Eset every once in a while, WITH NO LUCK.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, MasterTB said:

NO, you shouldn't, once you have trusted the NETWORK itself, adding specific devices IP's should never be a requirement, and that's why ESET firewalls sucks, I'm having issues aswell, my TV can't see the PC and all my movies and music are in it, adding the TV to the trusted zone (even though I already added the network as trusted) does not help, only disabling the firewall does, and this has been like this since version 9, that's why I use other security software and only try  to come back to Eset every once in a while, WITH NO LUCK.

This is being discussed here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/14766-home-network-issues/. We kindly ask you to provide logs as requested in order to tell what is causing the issue. This topic is rather about incorrectly set up trusted zone.