I need Windows Defender turned on

klininger

I have to use Pulse Secure to access company info. Unfortunately, the policy that's in place seems to insist on having Windows Defender enabled and up-to-date.  Since ESET turns it off, and the policy complains, I'll have to uninstall ESET...unless there's a way to tell ESET to allow Defender to operate also?
I fully believe the EEST is better, but I'm stuck.

• Administrators

Only one real-time protection can be active at a time. You can disable automatic start of real-time protection in the advanced setup but this will substantially deteriorate protection provided by ESET. The best would be to convince the admins to allow ESET as an alternative AV but that'd be probably a lost battle.

Perhaps you can get around the policy as follows. Set WD to perform periodic scanning. As such, it will perform by default a daily off-line scan. Technically WD is enabled i.e. the WD engine is loaded at boot time and running. Assuming you're not using a metered connection, it will also automatically update its signature definitions.

One issue is if the new Win 10 ver. 1709 WD ASR rules are in place. They are only active if WD is set to real-time scanning mode.

Edited by itman