ESET Smart Security 6.0.316.0     55 % 

Test Description

A program testing comodo firewall as well as the ability to

hxxp://www.testmypcsecurity.com/securitytests/firewall_test_suite.html

clt.gif

Experts comment

Edited by IRAN

• Administrators

These tests have been discussed numerous times. If you want to prevent injections, you can create your own HIPS rules but we cannot block them generally for all users in any environment.

Well poor is better than nothing compared to Bitdefender, Norton or Webroot. I use online banking alot but I still feel comfortable with ESS.

Edited by Weng

When I was using Agnitum's Outpost Firewall Pro along with Eset NOD 32, Matousec ran a test that they made up and tried to blackmail Agnitum into paying for the test results or something to that effect. I remember reading the notice that Agnitum sent out to it's customers.

Jes

• Most Valued Members

Regarding Matousec testing....I suggest you read this article.. 

"The following sections discuss misleading elements of a popular firewall tester in an attempt to help readers understand the meaning and limitations of its test results. Please don't take it as an attack against the independent service the website provides. I enjoy the website and praise its level of professionalism."

Source: hxxp://www.techsupportalert.com/content/matousec-personal-firewall-tests-analyzed.htm

Updated 23. June 2013

I use online banking alot but I still feel comfortable with ESS.

This is not an Anti-Phishing test, AFAIK

For me ESS is doing its job very well in protecting my data and I don't care about the test result for any purposes. It is simply because same product may have different results in different tests for different purposes. THE TEST SAMPLES ARE DIFFERENT IN DIFFERENT TESTS AND FOR DIFFERENT PEUPOSES!

Edited by Weng

Regarding Matousec testing....I suggest you read this article.. 

"The following sections discuss misleading elements of a popular firewall tester in an attempt to help readers understand the meaning and limitations of its test results. Please don't take it as an attack against the independent service the website provides. I enjoy the website and praise its level of professionalism."

Source: hxxp://www.techsupportalert.com/content/matousec-personal-firewall-tests-analyzed.htm

Updated 23. June 2013

I don't know if this post is a response to what I wrote, but Matousec, did in fact try to get $2000 from Agnitum for Matousec's test results or something to that effect. I remember reading it. It was sent to all of Agnitum's customers.

Jes