Can ESET be reinstalled on the same computer?

ileanagreere

Hello.

I have just bought ESET FAMILY PACK Smart security 6. I have 2 computers to install it on. I have already installed it on the first. The question lies in connection to the second. I might just need to reinstall Windows on it. Can I install ESET before the Windows reinstallation and after, using the same key/password etc?

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

All of my desktop computer are home made by buying the parts and putting them together because I can upgrade them much easier. I am constantly updating my computers like buying a new motherboard for my main computer, taking the replaced motherboard and installing it in my Work computer and taking that motherboard and installing it in my Home Theater computer. I had to reinstall the operating systems on all of them which meant I had to uninstall ESS and reinstall it on all of my computers. Before that I purchase three SSDs and installed them on my main computer and my Work dual boot computer which at the time had Vista and XP. Whenever I install an operating system, the first thing I install is ESS. I didn't like the performance with Vista or XP. XP didn't like my AHCI  drivers and used it's own driver and I was unable to use the toolbox that came with my SSDs to trim the the hard drive in XP. I scrapped both operating systems and took Windows 7 from my home theater computer and installed it on the dual boot with XP on a mechanical hard drive and reinstalled the operating systems again and had to reinstall ESS again. A month went by and I put the SSD that wouldn't work for XP in my Home Theater Computer and purchased another Windows 7 and installed it on my Home Theater computer. Sometimes I just pull a hard drive out and don't bother to uninstall ESS. As you can see, I am constantly reinstalling ESS and have never had a problem so far.

In about a year from now I will be building a new computer and will be playing musical computers again.

Due to the fact that I'm always doing this, at which time would there be a problem reinstalling ESS?

Thanks,

Jes

Edited by jeslookn

• ESET Moderators

Hello Jeslookn,

no problem at all.

Only thing that you need to take cake of is to have ESS installed (and being updated) on many systems as you have licenses, or less of course.

You can reinstall it even twice a day on each system.

I just had a clients os crash and unable to repair due to failing drive.

Could not clone drive, so reinstalled os onto new drive installed.

They have a 4 pc license, and ESET installed and activated just fine after os re-installation.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Jeslookn,

no problem at all.

Only thing that you need to take cake of is to have ESS installed (and being updated) on many systems as you have licenses, or less of course.

You can reinstall it even twice a day on each system.

That's nice, some software ties it's security to the hardware, or computer name for example so closely that re-installing the OS can lead to problems. I ended up giving in and just buying another IDM license for example after using the first one on half a dozen different motherboards/systems over the course of ten years or so, as after so many installs it just locks it, which, as someone who will randomly format, go *Nix for three months, then re-install Windows three times in a day (Tinkering with streamlining) can be an issue.

Edited by Nizrax000