After updating to 10.1.210.0 real time protection doesn't work

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 x64 and Eset Internet Security 10.1.204.0 . When I try to update the aplication through the product main window , 

after I install the update and after I restart the PC the real time protection doesn't work at all. I mean, the trigger can't be pulled on or off.

I tried repair the installation but the product just rollback to the previous versions wich is functional.

Here a screenshot 

e.png

• Administrators

I assume the issue is not fixed after a computer restart, is it? If you haven't restarted it and only shut it down (ie. put it into hibernation mode on Win10), restart it.

Let's start off with collecting and providing with ELC logs. For instructions, read the appropriate KB linked in my signature.

Same with me, but I have Eset smart security premium 10.0.390.0 with windows 10x64.

I tried restarting, shutting down, stopping windows defender modifying the real time protection in advanced setup to raise it to the highest level, but all to no avail.

Any help, please..

Eset Problem.jpg

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Hassan Bo2loz said:

Same with me, but I have Eset smart security premium 10.0.390.0 with windows 10x64.

I tried restarting, shutting down, stopping windows defender modifying the real time protection in advanced setup to raise it to the highest level, but all to no avail.

Does the problem persist after a clean install of v10.1 and successful activation and update? If so, please provide me with logs collected by ELC as I asked above.

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here. Repair of installed ESET Internet security is working.

When downloading a new installer, it also installs 10.1.204.0, so maybe the 10.2.210.0 is not completely released yet?

Since this ticket is started 2 weeks ago, I would have expected a fix :-)

• Administrators

@Eta76 Please uninstall v10 completely and install it from scratch. In your case the problem with upgrade is caused by having the system temp folder located on other than the system volume which causes issues when replacing the eamonm.sys driver during upgrade. A workaround for such scenarios will be implemented in future builds.

@Marcos I had re installed multiple times, InternetSecurity, SmartSecurityPremium, and I also got a download link to SmartSecurity (normal non-premium).

You are correct my temp folder is located on another SSD.

Completely removing all data and oem*.inf data did not work.

For some reason Windows kept installing an older eamonm.sys, I tried searching for a DriverCache/DriverStore/Repository/.. But I couldnt find the location, from which the older driver was retrieved.

I got a working solution based on this one:

Which suggests to reboot in safe mode, then I could rename the eamonm.sys to _eamonm.sys and place the new version (found in C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\Drivers\eamonm) in the system32\drivers folder: 

I now have a 10.1.207.0 version installed of the eamonm.sys and it seem to work correctly.

I hope the upgrade/installer gets fixed before the next driver modification.

Edit-----

Be aware the installer is installing 10.1.204.0. And when the software connects to the internet, it detects it can directly upgrade to 10.1.207.0, which fails

So when the next installer with 10.1.207.0 in it gets released, I would not have ran into this problem.

Until the next driver update, which would then still fail :-)

But I understand the new installer will fix this

Edited by Eta76

• Administrators

Eamonm.sys is renamed only during an upgrade, not during a clean install. I can only think that it was not a true clean install but eamonm.sys already existed in the windows\system32\drivers folder.

The clean install only installs 10.2.204.0, the first internet check, downloads and upgrades to 10.1.207.0

it was not in this folder I checked multiple times. The .inf file was in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ did was from the older version. But I could not find the eamonm.sys file. Maybe it is compressed in some other location.

For now my problem seems to be solved. Thanks

Edited by Eta76

Ah... I edited my post, while you were replying...

Marcos Posted 13 minutes ago ·

Edit-----

Be aware the installer is installing 10.1.204.0. And when the software connects to the internet, it detects it can directly upgrade to 10.1.207.0, which fails

So when the next installer with 10.1.207.0 in it gets released, I would not have ran into this problem.

Until the next driver update, which would then still fail :-)

But I understand the new installer will fix this

Edited 10 minutes ago by Eta76