purchase option

josip

Hello Josip and wellcome

It is always in my opinion way better to buy your Eset product from your official local reseller. If support is needed, then will the communication be much easier, with local support, and there will be less chances for misunderstood explanations, and of course no linguistic barriers.

Regards, Janus :-))

I don't think you can buy from the international website, when you attempt to buy you'll be redirected to the appropriate/local store/reseller.

But you can buy from any online retailer that offers international shipping if you wish (e.g. Amazon).

Buy from whoever offers the best prices, be it in Croatia or elsewhere (if possible).

Edited by TGW

I have no confidence in the local retailer ESET products. They do not know me answer any of the expert opinion and do not accept my outlook.com mail address already required to have a mail address from internet provider for some benefits offered ....

Edited by josip

ESET Smart Security seems like a great program. I tried it for a few days, and I had a couple of technical questions that we local representative ESET product did not know or refused to answer. It also insisted that the use of the internet mail provider that would achieve some benefits, and I am using windows and then use outlook.com mail because it is mated with Windows 8 ... Unfortunately not here now, I have not received an official response of your employees how to solve this situation, so now I refrain from buying your product, and go in search of some other manufacturer of security solutions that I will not be conditional on various constraints and where can instantly through live chat with employees and company immediately and instantly solve some problems ...

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Outlook.Com is a relatively new domain and it could be the local ESET reseller's mail system is having a problem recognizing it.

If you send me a private message with your name and email address, I will forward the information to them so that they may contact you directly.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Outlook.com is a continuation of Microsoft's hotmail.com domain that has been in use for years, and everyone also professionals in the IT Industry of it should be known.

Local vendor ESET product made me so angry that their approach does not want any  more contact and them.
They did not know or refused to answer any of my expert  opinion and do not want to  recognize my email address
or type outlook.com gmail.com  I could get discounts that they offer to students.
 If a large and established  multinational companies  recognize and seek and  email addresses to their  devices worth several hundred
euros is not clear to me why  the local agent does not  recognize the email address  for ESET products that are
 ten times cheaper. I then  really wanted to buy ESET  Smart Security but I gave  it up because of the  relationship local  sellers,
 and because even here in your  forum I got the opportunity to  buy your product directly.

I wrote about it and the companies Google and Microsoft, and they are very surprised why a local company does not recognize their email addresses for the realization of benefits ...

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Microsoft may have held the outlook.com domain for a long time, but they have not started heavily publicizing it and encouraging its use until a month or two ago. ESET's distributors are business partners of ESET, not wholly-owned companies, and as such may choose to blacklist certain mail domains when they are not properly set up, because of poor reputation, are actively a source of fraudulent orders and so forth.

If you do not wish to send me a private message with your name and email address so that I can have someone from ESET's Croatian distributor contact you directly, then try repeating your order with the email address provided by your Internet service provider, or contact them directly yourself using the telephone or fax number listed at at hxxp://www.nod32.com.hr/Tvrtka/Kontakt/tabid/2346/Default.aspx.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I was just fixing to state exactly what Aryeh did.

Its not that we do not know about outlook.com, or that it is a continuation of hotmail ; it just has not been put into productivity until most recently. So its still a new domain.

Sorry, but it seems to me that you are very superficial read my previous statements .
Outlook.com has long been in use for a wide range of applications with respect to the domain to Microsoft , I'm sure that nowhere in the world and email addresses are on the blacklists . Microsoft and Google are the email addresses of a good local dealer ESET products are not good ? I already wrote to you that I am because of the relationship of local vendors gave up buying and I do not want no more contact with them , and you're right to suggest that contact with them again and I do not want to. Even though I asked several times how can I buy your product directly from your company , that question never got an answer . I noticed that one and the same people , I suspect that they are employees of ESET , answer all questions , regardless of whether these issues are legal , marketing , trading or anything .... It is impossible for the same person to be a top expert in law and commerce , and at the same time being deeply versed why your product is written in 64 bit code in Windows 64 bit ...

Josip you are slandering everywhere you post here -.-

That's unprofessional in my opinion.

Again, " i " am not saying outlook is unheard of.

"Outlook.com" the web service only is NEW. NEW DOMAIN.

-Wikipedia

In 2013, Hotmail was replaced with Outlook.com, which features Microsoft's Metro design language, and closely mimics the interface of Microsoft Outlook .........

Edited by Arakasi

Mr. Arakasi, wikipedia does not an official source of trusted information and you should know it because you claim to have years in the IT industry. Outlook.com domain was not created 2013 years, but during that year the old domain hotmail outlook migrated to these services and servers ...
Do you know the meaning of professionalism? Of course this is not my acting career, as if it were a professional then it would mean that someone pays for this.
  I see that you show up here in a lot of issues and they attack those who dare to express criticism of ESET, so do not take up unnecessary resources suggest that we are not responding to the subject than the 64 bit processes ...

Good excuse on the non trusted info with wikipedia. Its a silly response though. Most of Wikipedia is correct, and if wrong, it gets reported or changed. Go find somewhere that Microsoft tells when outlook.com the webmail domain launched. Prove me wrong if you can.

Outlook.com has never been an email domain until 2012. If you can't find proof, ill leave you to your false information.

Outlook the software came out years ago. *this is not the same thing.

We are not talking about hotmail at all. hotmail.com is a different domain. Yes it was converted, but converted means changed to something else or different. It was migrated and moved. Things were changed in a big way.

I don't attack anyone here, i simply try to correct, and steer in the right direction.

These are debates and normal conversation topics.

In my final response, i will inform you that ESET does not block or blacklist outlook.com. How do i know ? Because i use it. My primary email is @outlook.com.

Have a good day Josip ^_^

post-1101-0-75875000-1382893176_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arakasi

In my final response, i will inform you that ESET does not block or blacklist outlook.com. How do i know ? Because i use it. My primary email is @outlook.com.

Have a good day Josip ^_^

Same here.

FWIW when I renewed my license this past July I received the email just fine. It didn't even end up in the Spam folder.  :)

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Perhaps you did not see my earlier message, in which I advised you to send me a private message on the forum with your contact information so I could have someone contact you directly about purchasing a license.

Microsoft, like many companies, owns all sorts of domains, some of which they 'park,' and some of which they utilize more heavily.

I know that some of ESET's distributors outright block selling licenses if the email address given in the order is a webmail account. That is a business decision on their part, and as an employee of ESET North America, I do not dictate how they operate in their territory, just as they do not tell us how to operate in ours. What I can do, however, is take down your contact information and have someone get in touch with you in order to place an order.

As far as to answer your original question about being able to purchase a copy of ESET's software directly from ESET (by which I assume you mean ESET's global headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia): I actually have no idea, whatsoever, what will happen. I will simply forward your request and contact information over to the party responsible for EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) sales at global HQ, which is the same process I follow when someone asks questions about purchasing when I don't have a readily-available answer: I get them over to someone who does, which, in this case, would be the Channel Manager for their region. This is the same procedure I would follow for someone asking for help with a purchase in the LATAM (Latin America) or APAC (Asia Pacific) regions; in the NORAM (North America) region, I would send their information directly over to the appropriate sales person, since I have contact with enough of them to have an idea of where to send inquiries, and, in any case that I'm wrong, they'll route it internally within their department to the correct person.

Not everyone here is an expert in all things, of course, however, one thing which is kind of unusual about the ESET Security Forum is that we have some fairly senior people in here to answer questions relative to other anti-malware companies. For example, I have a couple of decades in the industry, and my colleague Marcos, has been at ESET forever and has a similar level of experience. That, coupled with the policies and procedures we have developed for handling support online, allow ESET employees to quickly and authoritatively answer questions. And even that isn't particularly magical: Basically, if an employee has a question about how to reply to a post in the forum, they have a mechanism for getting an answer (asking a co-worker, sending an IM or email, etc.). Again, no magic, smoke or mirrors, just lots of experience backed up by documented policies and procedures.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Sorry, but it seems to me that you are very superficial read my previous statements .

Outlook.com has long been in use for a wide range of applications with respect to the domain to Microsoft , I'm sure that nowhere in the world and email addresses are on the blacklists . Microsoft and Google are the email addresses of a good local dealer ESET products are not good ? I already wrote to you that I am because of the relationship of local vendors gave up buying and I do not want no more contact with them , and you're right to suggest that contact with them again and I do not want to. Even though I asked several times how can I buy your product directly from your company , that question never got an answer . I noticed that one and the same people , I suspect that they are employees of ESET , answer all questions , regardless of whether these issues are legal , marketing , trading or anything .... It is impossible for the same person to be a top expert in law and commerce , and at the same time being deeply versed why your product is written in 64 bit code in Windows 64 bit ...

@Aryeh Goretsky

Mr. Aryeh Goretsky with you was a pleasure to talk to because you are a great gentleman,

and you are very patient and try to solve the problem for the benefit of my and your company .

Do you have your career diplomats would go to the presidential .

You 've realized that we are talking about two issues :

1 ESET local vendors in Croatia does not recognize outlook.com mail address to use student discounts,

and because of that their attitude I do not want contact with them , 2nd I tried to buy ess directly from the company Eset ,

but nobody here is not given the option to do so , and I do not want to buy key on all sorts of web retailers because forums

are full of deceived people who bought or donated trial license for 90 days and so on ...

Other manufacturers of security programs seek as easier to sell your product.

On forums that deal with security softwares I also explained my situation and I put a link to this post here ,

where I experienced a lovely gesture of 4 large manufacturers of antivirus software :

these producers were astonished that I as a customer have to look for ways to bypass would purchased a product ,

and then ( without that I sought or underlined ) alone offered me a free license for their products ,

two licenses for one year and two producers gave me a license for two years.

Mr. Aryeh, you want to thank you for your efforts and time you spend on me,

and ESET want to have as many employees as you.
As for me, this post may lock. Thank you.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

First off, thank you for your very kind words.

I am not very familiar with the Croatian educational system, but I know that in the US a reseller can only given an educational discount when they have verified the person in question is a student. That could mean an email address ends which ends in .edu, a photocopy (or scan or fax) of a valid student ID card submitted as an attachment with the order, and so forth. I'm not an expert on sales, but I know where the salespeople are, so can generally get these kinds of questions answered fast for North American situations.

It is entirely possible that you could have placed your order directly with ESET, spol. s.r.o. in Bratislava, Slovakia (ESET's global headquarters), or they may have even done something like offer a discount or even a free license for the inconvenience, just like the other manufacturers you mentioned--I really can't say, because I don't know how such things are handled outside of North America,but I would imagine there would be some discretion allowed, especially for a student. Unfortunately, that would have required obtaining your contact information, and since I never saw a private message with that, I did not have any information to forward to headquarters where someone could have made that call.

I am glad to hear that you were able to obtain software to protect your computer. Even if it is not ESET's, the important thing is that you are protected against malicious code and threats, which, I suspect, is something some of your peers might not be as concerned as you are about.

In any case, in accordance with your wishes, I shall close this thread.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky