Not reporting not activated status

I am seeing an issue on a bunch of my clients where the status "Product Not activated" is not being reported back to ESET Remote Admin.  However, I do see the status that the definitions are out of date.  However, once I physically or remotely connect to one of the clients, it is displayed there.  Has anyone else seen this?

I am running ERA 6.5 server.

Clients are running ERA 6.3.* to 6.5.*  agent. and mostly 6.3 A/V

• ESET Staff

Hi @kingoftheworld,

Is suggested to have latest AV version for security reasons, start upgrading the Agents should be the first step.

If I understand correctly the report to ERA server is "Not activated" and "AV not updated" but the terminal is with ESET activated and updated to latest definition?

The problem is bad communication between the ERA <> terminals?

1 hour ago, Gonzalo Alvarez said:

Hi @kingoftheworld,

Is suggested to have latest AV version for security reasons, start upgrading the Agents should be the first step.

If I understand correctly the report to ERA server is "Not activated" and "AV not updated" but the terminal is with ESET activated and updated to latest definition?

The problem is bad communication between the ERA <> terminals?

Understood and heard. However, it is easier said than done in 7,500 client environment having to go through our Engineering teams and Change Management.  That part is in progress.

The clients are in fact no longer activated.  It is possible they were left offline for an extended period of time and ELA deactivated them after 180 days, which is what I have it set to.  However, the status showing in ERA is that the definitions are out of date, which is true because the clients are not activated.  However, the status of the machine not being activated is not being reported, but is apparent when directly accessing the machine.

• ESET Staff

@kingoftheworld If you check client details of the affected computers, what are the functionality problems reported there? Where you see the "not updated" ? In the not updated column? Or you have enabled the "worst functionality problem" column, which provides the issue with the highiest severity, but not always the "root cause" of the problem. If the "not activated" status is no reported even in the client details, we will need details about your setup (exact version of ERA agent, Endpoint product / version). I take that you are having ERA 6.5, but ERA should not be the problem this time.

Also, in the main "computers with problems" and "top computers problems", do you have any entries about "product not being activated", or license being expired? In case of V5 installations, it could happen, that license is removed, but as there was no activation in V5, it would just report failed update attempts (after 7 days, since the updates started to fail). But in case of V6 applications, it should be reported correctly, so I would recommend to ship us with additional info, so we could troubleshoot and identify the root cause.