Left click on link and download?

Hello!

Just renewed my virus/firewall to ESET Smart Security 10.0.390.0
Looks familiar and I got all things setup as I wanted, almost all.
Using interactive mode. Two things I can't figure out.

1. Is there any way to change language or do I have to use an installer with desired language?
   I accidentally got the wrong language, I prefer english but got the swedish.
2. When downloading for example an software update, left click on link and download should begin.
   As it is now nothing happens, I have to right click on link and "save link as".
   At first I thought it was someting in FireFox but the same happens in Chrome.

I'd be grateful for any tips on this.

Best regards

Edited by elle

• Administrators

1, If you want to use a different language version, you'll need to uninstall the current one and install ESS from scratch. ESS Live Installer will offer you a list of languages from which you can choose the desired one.

2, By default, Firefox asks you where you want to save downloaded files. This can be changed in the advanced setup.

Thanks for your reply.  There is no problem in downloading, that works to my specified folder.

The issue is that I can't left click on any link and download should start.

I have to right click and choose "save link as".

This is not any settings in FireFox or Chrome, it's some setting in ESET that I can't find.

Edit 1: For example this link: https://www.eset.com/us/home/internet-security/download/
I can't left click, nothing happens, but right click and "save link as" works.

Edit 2: Perhaps this is by default when the file is an .exe? Suppose that's a good thing.

Edited by elle
Clarify issue.

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, elle said:

The issue is that I can't left click on any link and download should start.
I have to right click and choose "save link as".

It's highly unlikely this would be caused by ESET. Moreover, I have never seen such behavior that right-clicking a link would automatically start downloading a file without selecting "Save as".

12 minutes ago, Marcos said:

It's highly unlikely this would be caused by ESET. Moreover, I have never seen such behavior that right-clicking a link would automatically start downloading a file without selecting "Save as".

Maybe you misunderstood?
What I said was when LEFT clicking a link (.exe) nothing happens, then RIGHT clicking the same link I get to choose "Save link as..."
This is a .zip file download which works when LEFT clicking on link and then it's saved to my specified destination.
hxxp://www.madvr.com/

13 hours ago, elle said:

Edit 1: For example this link: https://www.eset.com/us/home/internet-security/download/
I can't left click, nothing happens, but right click and "save link as" works.

Sounds like a browser or mouse problem to me.

On the Eset download web site, position your mouse on the "Download Now" button. Does the green color slightly lighten in color? This indicates that a live link so to speak has been encountered.

Also check your mouse settings as shown in the below screen shot and ensure the "Switch primary and secondary buttons" setting is not enabled.

Eset_Mouse.png

Edited by itman

@itman

Thanks for your reply! Appreciate that!

Yes, the link lightens in color and shows as active, clicking the link gets me to a new window:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You for Downloading

Enjoy being safer online, secured by ESET

Your download of file eset_internet_security_live_installer.exe has automatically started. If your download does not start automatically, please click here (download may start after a few seconds).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEFT click on "click here" nothing happens, RIGHT click gives me "Save link as..."

Mouse properties is set as of your screendump.

Update: I just found out it is a FireFox issue!? Damn!!

Strange thing is this click and save behavour started when upgrading ESET.

Will uninstall ESET and FireFox then make a clean install of both.

Sorry for all the commotion...

Best regards

So... after uninstalling both ESET and FireFox, configuring ESET by importing XML settings backup and then set FireFox addons etc. etc. phu... all is good!?

I have no clue what that was all about but now LEFT click works as it should and that is a good thing.

I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused.

Case closed... :D

Thanks...