Jesposito

Win10 lock screen enable presentation mode

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

How can I prevent ESET Endpoint Security 6.4.2014.2 to start presentation mode when Windows 10 lock screen is displayed ?

I would like to keep automatic full-screen switch for presentation mode.

I am replacing Windows 7 by Windows 10 and the more days pass, the more urgent it becomes.

I can disable the presentation mode, but if I do this, what is the purpose of such a mode? I think it could just be a temporary workaround.

Unfortunately, if an application is running in full-screen mode it's not possible to avoid automatic activation of presentation mode if it's configured so. Haven't tested automatic activation of presentation mode on Windows 10 myself but we'll look into it and see what we could do about it.

Anyone else having this problem?

Is there a solution out for this problem?

I've reproduced this behaviour: on Windows 10 the lockscreen with the integrated "slideshow" , looking like this: windows-spotlight-feedback.jpg

the Endpoint Client goes into presentation mode and does NOT update the av-signatures.

The ERA flags this client (yellow -> presentation mode enabled) and although ERA shows"virus db -> updated" it is not the case.

Thank you for the heads-up. The issue has been reported to developers.

Endpoint Antivirus 6.5.2094.0 on Windows 10 Pro

When unlocking my computer after being on the lock screen for an extended time, in addition to ERA indicating that the machine is in presentation mode, a very brief "ESET Requires Your Attention" notification will appear on the bottom right. 

Clicking it yields nothing, and the message is not displayed for more than a second or two, but it is nonetheless a little distracting.