Problem with the spalash screen - Eset Smart Security 10

• Administrators

Never heard about such issue. Does the ESET icon appear in the tray near the clock and double-clicking it opens the main gui?

14 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Never heard about such issue. Does the ESET icon appear in the tray near the clock and double-clicking it opens the main gui?

Yes ESET icon appears in the tray next to the clock and double-click opens the main gui.

Edited by pic14

I have had the same issue on my Win 10 Home build. However, it is intermittent in nature. Sometimes the splash screen appears, sometimes not. Never really was that concerned about since all that matters is the appearance of the Eset GUI icon on the desktop lower taskbar.

I will say that I believe this might be a possible loading conflict with non-Eset drivers. I was previously using a third party MBR protection driver. After removing that driver, Eset's spash screen immediately appears at desktop initialization time. Eset also now immediately loads at boot time. 

I use Win 7 and yes sometimes the splash screen is missing, but the e icon is in the tray. I just always attributed it to ESET starting very fast. I looked for a way to slow it down (delay it a few seconds) but could not find one (like in MBAM where you can delay protection start up). I understand start up protection is important. I have set my PC to NOT immediately connect to the internet. I use the splash screen as a quick indicator that I do have protection.   

• Most Valued Members

I've experienced the splash screen seemingly not showing as well on my Windows 7 pro. However it is my belief that the splash screen always shows it's just that my system is doing something on occasion. By the time the system is finished doing whatever it's doing the splash screen has closed. This occurs in about one in ten boots more or less.

The tray icon is my primary indicator, along with a few other things,  that all is well with Eset.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys I have the same problem. Sometimes it's there and sometimes it isn't. I'm not really worried about it since the tray icon is always there but Intoo would use it for verification. Even to the point of shutting my computer down and turning it back on until I saw it, even if it was for a fraction of a second.

I notice that I do not see the splash screen when my computer boots up a bit faster than usual. 

So is it safe to say that as long as the tray icon is in system tray that everything is good and ESET is running even though the splash screen did not show upon logging in?

I guess I answers my own question. I went to the security tab and it says that the ESET product is On and that the Esteban firewall is protecting my system. 

Looks like the splash screen is just that and does not signify the functionality of the product.