Windows 24H2 support

Go to solution Solved by itman,

• Administrators

I haven't heard about any compatibility issues with Windows 11 24H2 from developers so I assume that all our products are fully compatible.

Posted (edited)

EIS v17.1.11.0 doesn't work with Windows 24H02 26100.712. It's coming a BSOD: kmode exception not handled (Netio.sys) Without EIS there are no errors

Laptop: Lenovo T16 Gen 2 (21HH002WGE)

Edited by Mueller

• Administrators

That could be a problem of the network card driver. Please configure Windows to generate complete memory dumps as per https://support.eset.com/en/kb380 and reproduce the crash. Then compress the dump and supply it to us for perusal.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Mueller said:

Compressed dump file size 235 MB!

I expected a much bigger dump if it was a full dump. Anyways, a kernel dump might suffice so please compress it, upload it to a safe location and drop me a personal message with a download link.

• Administrators

There is no ESET driver on the stack but adgnetworkwfpdrv.sys. Try uninstalling AdGuard.

• Solution

As an alternative to uninstalling Adguard, you could disable its use of Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) as shown here: https://adguard.com/kb/adguard-for-windows/solving-problems/wfp-driver/ . Both Adguard by default and Eset use the WFP. As such, there is a high likelihood of conflict.

24H2 is in public testing in a few of the Windows Insider Program channels, I estimate it won't go RTM till between August and November of this year

Since the device manufacturers (OEMs) will pre-install this version on their devices from June 2024, it has already been completed. However, some new functions will only be activated with an enablement package (function update) at the official release in September / October.