ESET Service won't start after reboot

Maurice

I have Win10 and installed ESET NOD32 and it does NOT start automatically after a reboot.

I checked the services and saw that the Eset Service is set to Automatic but is not running.

When I click start, to start the service manually, the service starts and the ESET splash screen appears and everything is fine.

It's just that the service won't start automatically after a reboot.

What can i do to get it fixed?

I have the same issue, with the latest version 10.0.369.0. Also the sig update is running without error but the sigs have a of S/N of 14260 (20161011) and last successful update of 3/12/2016 <time> (december, euro date format) and I have the message of "update is not necessary - the virus siganture database is up to date." while by hxxp://virusradar.com/en/update/infothe latest version is 14579 from Dec-09-2016

I tried a repair from appwiz.cpl - didn't work. Tried an uninstall, reboot and run a new install. The new install informed me the latest product is already installed. the ESET folder on program files was still there! and also the Hkey-local-machine\software\eset!!! some uninstall...

I had to download eset uninstaller (hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2289/?locale=en_US) and run it from safe mode. rebooted. Then insalled version 10 again, from fresh. rebooted. same issue - the service will not run at startup. uninstalled. rebooted to safe mode again and run again the uninstaller. rebooted. installed version 9, rebooted - now the service run at startup.

ESET - I must say, I am a veteran customer of yours, for many years, becasue of the product quality and security abilities, but in the last year NOD32 degraded drastically and version 10 is a new negative record. Get a grip on yourselves or you will lose customers very quickly.

• Administrators

Unfortunately without logs it's impossible to tell what the issue was with v10. Unlike in older versions, ekrn.exe runs as a protected service on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. I'd strongly recommend installing v10 from scratch and collecting the requested logs that are important for troubleshooting the issue.

I opened a support case via your site form with logs, but didn't get any email confirmation. I WILL NOT install win 10 from scratch because of of my AV. There is one basice test for a product - who works for who? the product for you or you for the product. that's it.

I opened a support case via your site form with logs, but didn't get any email confirmation. I WILL NOT install win 10 from scratch because of of my AV. There is one basice test for a product - who works for who? the product for you or you for the product. that's it.

Marcos said v10....not Win10.  I think you misunderstood.

Marcos
  • Group: ESET Moderators
  •  
  • Kudos: 1637

Posted Today, 04:47 AM

Unfortunately without logs it's impossible to tell what the issue was with v10. Unlike in older versions, ekrn.exe runs as a protected service on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. I'd strongly recommend installing v10 from scratch and collecting the requested logs that are important for troubleshooting the issue.

Edited by ClanceyCliquot