Firewall for Server 2012

Hi

Is there any ETA on the firewall module for Windows Server 2012 as the ESET Endpoint for File Server doesn't support it?

Can I meanwhile install Eset EPS for Windows on my Server 2012 to get the Firewall or will the install just fail?

thx

• ESET Staff

Installation of EEA / EES on server is not supported. What problem you would like to solve, with installing a firewall on a server directly? (this is a unique request, and we currently do not have any such plans). Thank you for your response.

Installation of EEA / EES on server is not supported. What problem you would like to solve, with installing a firewall on a server directly? (this is a unique request, and we currently do not have any such plans). Thank you for your response.

I would love to have firewall on my servers that I can control from ERA.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer but I have been quite busy.

I want our servers to be as secure as the client PCs and for me it comes naturally to use a firewall on the server too. I know Windows Server has its own firewall but so does Win 7, 8 and 10 - and by having a built in firewall with security products like ESET it does provide centralizes management which is great.

Could you please elaborate why you think a Server does not need a firewall? - I just can't think of a reason why a server just shouldn't be as secure as client endpoints :-)

Hi,

I want our servers to be as secure as the client PCs and for me it comes naturally to use a firewall on the server too. I know Windows Server has its own firewall but so does Win 7, 8 and 10 - and by having a built in firewall with security products like ESET it does provide centralizes management which is great.

Could you please elaborate why you think a Server does not need a firewall? - I just can't think of a reason why a server just shouldn't be as secure as client endpoints :-)

Maybe they can't make high performance firewall for server ;) 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Maybe they can't make high performance firewall for server ;)

Kinda doubt it :-) - probably most people use either Windows FW or a separate product tailored to their need...ah well