Eset Endpoint 6.4

rekun

Could you please check whether those computers are located in Lost&Found group? It is possible, that computers connecting through were not properly paired with computers synchronized from AD as their IP address or hostname may be different -> it is possible that you have duplicate entries in dashboard, where one of duplicates is unmanaged, and it's clone is managed. Name of computers may be also quiet different than expected, for example it may be reverse resolved IP address of incoming connection. AD synchronization group may be able to "merge" this clones, but only in case it is properly configured to do so, and also in case names of cloned computers as seen in ERA v6 dashboard are exactly the same.

According to log you provided, this AGENT is correctly connecting to your SERVER. Was this log from computer connecting through VPN?

Hello,

Thank you!!!

I didn't catch that I should check the log at the client side :) , I was checking It on server's side. Now I have seen the error:

Error: CReplicationManager: Replication (network) connection to 'host: "ICG-VN-TS-02.InterComGroup.local" port: 2222' failed with: Unable to resolve any endpoints.resolve: (0x2afc), The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found

That explains why I do not see the answer from the client's PC. Thank you ALL!! Now I'll redo the settings with IP instead of resolved host or I'll create the right resolve.

Edited by dimitar_dimitrov

• ESET Staff

That explains why I do not see the answer from the client's PC. Thank you ALL!! Now I'll redo the settings with IP instead of resolved host or I'll create the right resolve.

Just a hint: SERVER's certificate is by default created for specific list of IP addresses and hostnames. Please make sure you use one of these when preparing AGENT installer as otherwise AGENTs will reject to connect to SERVER. In case it is necessary to use different hostname or IP address, you will have to create new SERVER certificate.

Just a hint: SERVER's certificate is by default created for specific list of IP addresses and hostnames. Please make sure you use one of these when preparing AGENT installer as otherwise AGENTs will reject to connect to SERVER. In case it is necessary to use different hostname or IP address, you will have to create new SERVER certificate.

Thank you. made local resolve on the remote networks DNS for the SERVER's hostname. 

Once again THANK YOU :)

Edited by dimitar_dimitrov