Eset Endpoint 6.4

rekun

• ESET Insiders

Hi

It seems like the Endpoint  6.4 has been released with the following new feature:

Added: Support for bundle installer when creating installation package from ESET Remote Administrator 

https://www.eset.com/int/business/endpoint-security/windows-antivirus/#download

Do you have any documentation about how to use this?

Edited by rekun

• Administrators

I assume this will be described in the documentation for ERA 6.4 at the time of its release.

• ESET Staff

It will be added to ESET Remote Administrator repository during next week. Concerning the bundle installer, it will allow creation of a all-in-one package combining ERA Agent, Endpoint Antivirus / Security, initial configuration for both, license, and it will be also possible to configure target group, where the installer will be placed. Please note, that this functionality will be available for Windows Endpoints only. ESET Remote Administrator 6.4 is planned to be released on July 12.

• ESET Insiders

Great!

This is the feature i have been missing the most since upgrading from Eset v5.

I know Dynamic group and install tasks can get some close, but it is much easier if its integrated in the same package

Can the installer bundle for 6.4 be deployed from a ERA5 server (perhaps as an upgrade) with configuration settings that will point to an ERA6 server?

It will be added to ESET Remote Administrator repository during next week. Concerning the bundle installer, it will allow creation of a all-in-one package combining ERA Agent, Endpoint Antivirus / Security, initial configuration for both, license, and it will be also possible to configure target group, where the installer will be placed. Please note, that this functionality will be available for Windows Endpoints only. ESET Remote Administrator 6.4 is planned to be released on July 12.

will this creation take place in ERA or a separate tool ?

• ESET Staff

It will be created in ERA. There will be a new wizard, that will allow generating the package. It will look like this (screenshot).

post-35-0-72750100-1465919718_thumb.png

post-35-0-86846100-1465919723_thumb.png

well, it's just good move.

simplycity deployment (combining ERA Agent, Endpoint Antivirus / Security, initial configuration for both, license) version 5 now in version 6. :D

thank you.

Edited by macros

• ESET Staff

Thank you for the positive feedback. Please note, that Endpoint 6.4 builds have been added to the repository of ESET Remote Administrator. 

Hello,

I wanted to ask has anyone else updated to the 6.4 client now via ESET ERA console and had users with mapped drives via GPO stop working?

We have several users who's mapped drives are no longer showing up after updating to 6.4 and then rebooting..

• ESET Insiders

The latest Windows Update breaks GPS and drive mapping. Could it be the case that you are experiencing this because of that update and not Eset?

• 3 weeks later...

what date time end eset endpoint 6.4 lunch

released on January 21, 2016

post-7794-0-18050100-1468314584_thumb.jpg

we wait for era 6.4, as MichalJ said above it will be release on July 12 or today.

• ESET Staff

Hello,

ESET Endpoint Security 6.4 was released on June 7, 2016.

Concerning the release of ESET Remote Administrator 6.4, which was planned for today, we have identified one issue, that we have decided to fix before the 6.4 is released. Therefore, the launch date will be postponed by one week, with currently anticipated date set to next Tuesday, July 19, 2016. We want to spare our users from any unnecessary upgrades of their infrastructure.

I want to apologize for not providing correct information before, however the decision to postpone the release was made just today.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Please excuse me if there's an answer of this, but I have the following problem. We're working in mixed environment (Domain controller and non managed computers). All of the computers that are on the DC have appeared on the dashboard of Era Console, but none of the computers that are connecting to the Era Server trough VPN's are on the dashboard. I have generated an installer with my custom settings in it (get updates from the era server and some other stuff), which works fine on the computers connected to the LAN network - setting are applying, but when I run the same installer on a computer connecting trough VPN to the LAN network where the Era server is located, none of my settings applies, neither updating trough the Proxy server (the Era server). When I add the remote computer to the All Computers group manually it adds, but I cannot see no details of it and even if I try to create task to deploy agent (even that with the custom made installer it is already installed) it fails.

Has someone interracted with this situation?

Í'm struggling with this for some time :(

• ESET Staff

Hello, it seems to me, that your ERA agents are not connecting to the server, in case they are connected via VPN. That would explain that nothing gets applied, and that they are not visible on the dashboard + when they are synced from AD / imported they are seen as "unmanaged" (unmanaged = without ERA agent).

What you should do, is to check the "status.html" located in ESET RemoteAdministrator folder of Program Data / ESET. The error should tell you, what is the issue with replication.

My guess would be, that a wrong "public" hostname was entered, or your "public" hostname is not correctly set in your server certificate.

Hello, it seems to me, that your ERA agents are not connecting to the server, in case they are connected via VPN. That would explain that nothing gets applied, and that they are not visible on the dashboard + when they are synced from AD / imported they are seen as "unmanaged" (unmanaged = without ERA agent).

What you should do, is to check the "status.html" located in ESET RemoteAdministrator folder of Program Data / ESET. The error should tell you, what is the issue with replication.

My guess would be, that a wrong "public" hostname was entered, or your "public" hostname is not correctly set in your server certificate.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer. As I'm still trying and learning ERA6 is this the status.html you meant? "C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html"

The contens of this log is:

Status log Scope Time Text Last replication 2016-Oct-18 15:55:33 OK Last successful replication 2016-Oct-18 15:55:33 OK
  • Successful replications: 302246
  • All replication attempts: 302273
Peer certificate 2016-Oct-17 16:40:32 OK
  • Agent peer certificate with subject 'CN=Agent at *, OU=Intercomgroup, O=Intercomgroup, L=bg, S=Bulgaria, C=BG' issued by 'CN=Server Certification Authority, OU=Intercomgroup, O=Intercomgroup, L=bg, S=Bulgaria, C=BG' with serial number '01047e142548244f9db379482c8c52e4a501' is and will be valid in 30 days
Replication security 2016-Oct-18 15:55:33 OK
  • Remote host: ICG-VN-TS-02.InterComGroup.local
  • Remote product: Server
Performance Indicator Value Up time 1679:15:49 Kernel time 13627 sec., 0.2 % of up time User time 16650 sec., 0.3 % of up time Memory private usage 267 MB Memory working set 245 MB Memory peak working set 474 MB Available physical memory 3779 MB Total I/O reads 40499290 KB Total I/O writes 39466283 KB Total I/O others 4183104 KB

Generated at 2016-Oct-18 15:55:33 (2016-Oct-18 18:55:33 local time)

I don't see anything related with my problem here? I hope that I've described my situation (I'm working in mixed environment - the computers that are not on AD but are on the Local Area Network are seen on the dashboard as unmanaged, but computers that are connecting trough VPN (they are not on the AD too) are not seen even as Unmanaged)..I appreciate any help :)

• ESET Staff

Could you please check whether those computers are located in Lost&Found group? It is possible, that computers connecting through were not properly paired with computers synchronized from AD as their IP address or hostname may be different -> it is possible that you have duplicate entries in dashboard, where one of duplicates is unmanaged, and it's clone is managed. Name of computers may be also quiet different than expected, for example it may be reverse resolved IP address of incoming connection. AD synchronization group may be able to "merge" this clones, but only in case it is properly configured to do so, and also in case names of cloned computers as seen in ERA v6 dashboard are exactly the same.

According to log you provided, this AGENT is correctly connecting to your SERVER. Was this log from computer connecting through VPN?