Issued with PC scanning ESET Era 6.3

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

My clients did a migration from ESET 5 to 6.  Everything seems to work well, exept PC scanning.

I configured my policy to do a PC scan at 11PM EST, and the agent works since the Antivirus 6.3 client receives the changes.

The problem is that the scan starts 5 times.  11:00 11:01 11:02 11:03 and 11:04 which si really annoying.

I tried making a new policy and assign some PCs to it, the issue now is that the scan doesnt event start if i set it to daily.  I told an an exemple to scan easy day at 9AM, and at 9h30AM the scan didn't start.

Scan works if i program it to do it exemple each 10minutes.

Did numerous calls with ESET support and no solution has been found, this is really annoying.  Anyone can help?

• Administrators

Have you tried scheduling the task by clicking the appropriate group or computer in the "Computers" pane, selecting "Run task" and then ticking the "Use local time" box in the Trigger setup?

• ESET Staff

Can you please provide the exported policy (from ERA) which sets the scans which are not working, and also exported configuration from the client you have?

As an alternative, I would suggest that you won´t use scheduler and policy, (as in the case of V5) rather use create new Client Task in ERA (Admin / Client Task / New / Security Product / On Demand Scan) and enter the parameters (targets / triggers) after you create such task. You will be able to monitor executions in ERA web console.

Can you please provide the exported policy (from ERA) which sets the scans which are not working, and also exported configuration from the client you have?

As an alternative, I would suggest that you won´t use scheduler and policy, (as in the case of V5) rather use create new Client Task in ERA (Admin / Client Task / New / Security Product / On Demand Scan) and enter the parameters (targets / triggers) after you create such task. You will be able to monitor executions in ERA web console.

Ok but we have issues that people often closes their PC, if i program a client task for exemple 11PM and the PC is closed, what will happen when he opens the PC, will the task sends the task to the PC and start it or wait at the next time?

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Ok but we have issues that people often closes their PC, if i program a client task for exemple 11PM and the PC is closed, what will happen when he opens the PC, will the task sends the task to the PC and start it or wait at the next time?

There is parameter called Invoke ASAP If Event Missed in trigger (repeated) configuration used to enable/disable what you are asking for. If checked, task will be triggered just after next AGENT startup in case planed execution was missed.

There is parameter called Invoke ASAP If Event Missed in trigger (repeated) configuration used to enable/disable what you are asking for. If checked, task will be triggered just after next AGENT startup in case planed execution was missed.

Sorry i was away for a few days, but I just wanna thank you for this it works at 95%

My last issue with it, is 

Last night the scan found a virus, but the scan 'jammed' there,  aka in the client task the server stayed at 'running' state until i went on that server and click clean or delete on the scan.

The issue is that in the client task i have check 'scan with cleaning'

Any way to fix this issue?

Thanks

Edited by Gyslain

• ESET Staff

You have to configure your scanning profile, and adjust cleaning level to "strict cleaning". Default value is "normal cleaning", when it might happen that program locally asks what to do with certain files.

Last question and i'll mark this thread as answered after I promise :)

I made a small mistake and programmed the scan at 11PM at the same time as WSUS sent update to the PC, which made some PCs reboot while the scan was on

When i woke up this morning, there was a lot of PC that the 'task was still running' on the ERA but not on the PC due to the reboot so my 2 questions for that

1) Is there a way to stop a task in ERA while it's started?

2) If i don't stop the task i'm suspecting the next time the task suppose to start it would fail?

Thanks again!

• ESET Staff

Hello,

1. No, this is not possible. Once the task is started, ERA is unable to stop it.
  2. I am not sure I get your question here. regardless the last failure / success, it would start next time normally (it would trigger as scheduled)

Hello,

1. No, this is not possible. Once the task is started, ERA is unable to stop it.
  2. I am not sure I get your question here. regardless the last failure / success, it would start next time normally (it would trigger as scheduled)

Could this be considered as feature request?

Hello,

Ok sorry but i did find another question buti  really appreciate your help

Unless I'm blind or just stupid

In the trigger I UNCHECKED the 'invoke if missed'   my task started well, but a PC was closed, so ofcourse the scan didn't start for that PC, but i check this morning and the ERA still sent the task on the PC even tho i unkced the 'invoke if missed'  as for that test it's not an issue because the task was suppos eto run only once

But for the real task i want it to run daily, how do i tell Era to not send the task to a PC if a PC is offline when the task start and just wait at the next task schedule time?

Thanks

• ESET Staff

Was the scan triggered with "ASAP" trigger or scheduled trigger? If ASAP, that is a correct behavior - task will execute the moment it reaches the endpoint (when opened). Hope that this helps.

@bbahes - we will track it as an improvement request

Was the scan triggered with "ASAP" trigger or scheduled trigger? If ASAP, that is a correct behavior - task will execute the moment it reaches the endpoint (when opened). Hope that this helps.

@bbahes - we will track it as an improvement request

It's trigged as schedule trigger  (April 16, 3AM)  that pc was offline all weekend so the scan triggered this morning

Strange because after  i set my trigger, it changes to execute ASAP and it doesn't let me change it

hxxp://i.imgur.com/D7AwZUt.png

Edited by Gyslain

• ESET Staff

Hello, that seems to be as a weird issue. I would recommend you to update the ERA to the newest version, as you are obviously not running ERA 6.3 (UI for handling client tasks was changed).