ESET SysRescue CD does not work

Hello,

I created a record(disk) of help ESET SysRescue CD with the procedure indicated above. The cd was successfully created.

Nevertheless when I wanted tested his(her,its) functioning, I select "Run Eset SysRescue" but the graphical interface of Ubuntu does not display; I have the following message: " starting up of the graphical interface failed ".

Besides, I tried to create ESET SysRescue on an USB key of 16 Go but as one already indicated by the other users on this forum, the procedure fails.

I use Windows 10 Pro 64 bits version 1511 installed(settled) on a hard disk SSHD.
I hope that ESET can propose us a solution quickly.

Best Regards,

Sicilia42

Hello,

However all the users it interests you will find below, the answer of the French technical support.

"Hello

The procedure of the creation failed continuation(suite) incompatibility of ESET SysRescue with your ubuntu system.

You will find below the systems supported(born) by tools ESET SysRescue

Windows 8.1, 8, 7 Microsoft, Vista, XP, on 2000
Windows Server Microsoft on 2000, 2003 (x86 and x64), on 2008 (x86 and x64), on 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2
Small Business Server 2003, 2008, 2011 Microsoft

We stay in your listening."

In other words Windows 10 is not compatible with ESET SysRescue and it is not the only one because another known publisher(editor) is concerned.

​Best Regards,

​Sicilia42

• ESET Moderators

Thanks @Sicilia42 for following up your resolution. Yes, I see from the ESET SysRescue Live product page that the system requirements don't include Windows 10. 

I have updated Knowledgebase article How do I use ESET SysRescue Live to clean my computer? with the system requirements. I've also inquired with developers regarding compatibility and will provide an update when I hear something. 

Fer

Hello foneil,

Thank you for your answer.

I hope that we can benefit from a compatible update with Windows 10.

Best Regards.

Sicilia42

I too am having problems with SysRescue Live. I created a disk restarted my system (numerous times), went into the computer's BIOS settings and changed the boot parameters. But nothing seems to work. I am also running on Windows 10. Hopefully someone between ESET and Microsoft can figure this out.

All the best

Red 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

On the advice of Eset France on Twitter, I contacted again the French support yesterday evening. I wait their answer.

Best Regards,

Sicilia42

Hi

The French technical support reminded to me as agreed. He told me that SysRescue was very compatible with Windows 10.

He asked me to create SysRescue on a key USB with Live USB Creator. SysRescue USB was created successfully but having selected "Run ESETSysRescue", I have an error message " starting up of the graphical interface failed ".

In other words, the interface of Ubuntu does not display.

The technical support has to call back me on Monday afternoon.,

Sicilia42

Edited by Sicilia42

Hello,

The French technical support(medium) contacted me yesterday after noon(south) as agreed.
I explained them that I had created a key usb SysRescue but that the interface of Ubuntu did not display. The technician took note there.

For all that this one was not able to propose me of solution.

Best Regards

Sicilia42

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have created the USB ESET SysRescue (using Windows 7) and I can boot from it just fine, even on the system that has Windows 10 installed. But the AV database stuck on initial "update 9551" from 2014-03-17 and does not want to update. Update utility states that "Update is not necessary - the installed virus signature database is current."

Does not matter which computer I use, home or work. I do have internet connection, I'm writing this post from the ESET SysRescue USB.

Looks like there is no connection to ESET update server or something else.

Does anybody have an idea how to update the AV definition database on ESET SysRescue USB, maybe even manually?

Thank you.

Andy.

• ESET Moderators

Hello alapshin,

We have identified an issue with ESET SysRescue which causes the VSD not to update under certain circumstances.

There will be a fixed build coming, but in the meantime, you can work around it by deleting the /var/opt/eset/esets/lib/data/data.txt file once SysRescue is booted up and running.

• 2 months later...

Thank you. It (to remove /var/opt/eset/esets/lib/data/data.txt) works on my system also.

Spanish's ESET support doesn't seems to know this trick, they said me that the problem was "because ESET servers are sometimes too busy".

• ESET Moderators

they said me that the problem was "because ESET servers are sometimes too busy".

That is also true. The problem only manifests when there is a higher load on our servers.