API questions

Just getting into the API documentation a little and have a couple of questions.

First, is there a way to generate API secrets and keys instead of using plain text user names and passwords?

Second, is there any existing documentation on pulling the JSON data using PHP?

• ESET Staff
First, is there a way to generate API secrets and keys instead of using plain text user names and passwords?

There is currently no other authentication method available. Communication between ServerApi and ERA Server itself uses TLS so it should be safe in case ServerApi methods are called in safe manner. Regardless of previous I would strongly recommend to create specific ERA user (with limited permissions, i.e. only for reading specific data) for ServerApi connection.

We are not aware of any documentation for PHP. We only come across tools using c++ or python to handle API calls.

There is currently no other authentication method available. Communication between ServerApi and ERA Server itself uses TLS so it should be safe in case ServerApi methods are called in safe manner. Regardless of previous I would strongly recommend to create specific ERA user (with limited permissions, i.e. only for reading specific data) for ServerApi connection.

We are not aware of any documentation for PHP. We only come across tools using c++ or python to handle API calls.

Do you have any documents or sample codes that using python to access ServerApi ?

Edited by sdnian

• ESET Staff

Do you have any documents or sample codes that using python to access ServerApi ?

There is no documentation, nor example code.

Technically it is only wrapper over c++ libraries for which you could use few alternatives, we used for testing purposes ctypes module

• 11 months later...