Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
On 30. 4. 2017 at 9:49 AM, kwchaz said:

Have disabled SSL/TLS filtering, and have changed to pre-release updates... still no go. :(

What about temporarily disabling protocol filtering completely?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2017 at 3:27 AM, Marcos said:

What about temporarily disabling protocol filtering completely?

Unfortunately... still doesn't work. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Referring back to the posting by @iamawb , error code 0x80072EFE is generated when there is a problem with the Windows Update process. If you are receiving this error code when doing a manual Windows Store update, I suggest you do the following:

Method 1:

Kindly follow the steps and check if it works. The below steps will reset the Windows store cache.

•Press Windows key + R key  to open Run
•Type wsreset.exe and press Enter 

Restart the Windows store, check if issue is resolved.

Method 2:

If issue persist, kindly follow the below given link to run Windows app troubleshooter: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Restart the app, check if issue is resolved.

Ref.: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/windows-store-error-code-0x80072efe/2ac8e6f5-1893-4a77-819e-8ec1e6d9af27

Additionally, the Geeks To Go web site has an article that states the error code can be caused by invalid Windows time setting. You can read about that here: http://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/two-easy-fixes-for-windows-update-error-code-0x80072efe/

Finally if all the above fail to correct the problem, you can set app update setting to "automatic" within the Windows Store app itself. You do that by accessing the settings icon within the Windows Store app.

 

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, itman said:

Referring back to the posting by @iamawb , error code 0x80072EFE is generated when there is a problem with the Windows Update process. If you are receiving this error code when doing a manual Windows Store update, I suggest you do the following:

Method 1:

Kindly follow the steps and check if it works. The below steps will reset the Windows store cache.

•Press Windows key + R key  to open Run
•Type wsreset.exe and press Enter 

Restart the Windows store, check if issue is resolved.

Method 2:

If issue persist, kindly follow the below given link to run Windows app troubleshooter: hxxp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Restart the app, check if issue is resolved.

Ref.: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/windows-store-error-code-0x80072efe/2ac8e6f5-1893-4a77-819e-8ec1e6d9af27

Additionally, the Geeks To Go web site has an article that states the error code can be caused by invalid Windows time setting. You can read about that here: hxxp://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/two-easy-fixes-for-windows-update-error-code-0x80072efe/

Finally if all the above fail to correct the problem, you can set app update setting to "automatic" within the Windows Store app itself. You do that by accessing the settings icon within the Windows Store app.

 

#1 - have tried previously (I went through all the websites searching for why windows store wouldn't update, not knowing it was ESET), using admin rights in the cmd prompt, just tried again, didn't work

#2 - have definitely tried previously, ran it again, it said 'fixed', but the issue is still present

#3 - date and time have always been correct, have double checked settings regardless, still does not work

#4 - updates have always been set to automatic, and they are not updating

 

TL;DR it does not work unless I do not have ESET installed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, kwchaz said:

#1 - have tried previously (I went through all the websites searching for why windows store wouldn't update, not knowing it was ESET), using admin rights in the cmd prompt, just tried again, didn't work

#2 - have definitely tried previously, ran it again, it said 'fixed', but the issue is still present

#3 - date and time have always been correct, have double checked settings regardless, still does not work

#4 - updates have always been set to automatic, and they are not updating

 

TL;DR it does not work unless I do not have ESET installed

Check your Eset Network settings. Is the Firewall set to default settings, i.e. Allow all outbound traffic?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2017 at 1:33 AM, itman said:

Check your Eset Network settings. Is the Firewall set to default settings, i.e. Allow all outbound traffic?

Yeah everything's been set to default... I've uninstalled, reinstalled, default-ed, disabled the firewall... nothing. :(

 

Just received a sw update to Eset, will see if anything's changed... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Just wanted to update that as of today, running Eset 10.1.219.0 (virus signature db 15901 [20170811]), on a fully updated Win10 install, that things appear to be working fine.

 

Seems like some odd switch somewhere got fixed? @_@ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...