Not showing when task execution occured.

Hi,

after 6.3 upgrade i have many problems. When will be released a new ERA version to solve this isseues?

Now "last connection status" work (after /etc/my.cnf edit), but the problem about tasks remain.

Thnaks!

Edited by aquarium

• ESET Staff

Hello aquarium. What problems related to tasks you refer to? We do not have plans to release a new ERA version until June / July, where we would like to release a new version. But no releases are planned until then.

Hi,

I have problems with all client task "status". While a task is completed (usually finish all tasks) the "status" remains in "planned mode", like in attached image. 

Before the upgrade no issues in this section.

Thanks!

post-10643-0-71932500-1455814460_thumb.png

Hello, what Database are you using? Is it local installation on Windows Server or Virtual appliance / Linux installation?

Hi,

is installed on Virtual Appliance (VMware ESXi).

Thanks.

• ESET Staff

In case you check client's details, is there complete history of task execution? What kind of trigger have you used, ASAP attached to static group? Or list of computers?

Please check trace.log for errors:

cat "/var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/trace.log" | grep "Error:\|Fingerprint"

in Appliance root terminal.

If task end, yes I have a complete history; in last case, trigger is ASAP attached to a single computer (in a static group).

Though task works properly the progress bar remains "blank" as at the beginning and not change color (yellow, green, etc..)

Another problem, somes times the task is planned, somes times no, and many times task not run/start....

With this command, no see errors (I have only old errors).

cat "/var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/trace.log" | grep "Error:\|Fingerprint"

Thanks!

• ESET Staff

We were trying to reproduce this issue but were not successful. Have you tried any other client task since upgrade? Does it work with different tasks? Icon left from progress-bar relies on data sent from AGENTS v6.3, therefore it won't work with task executed on older - but version of AGENTs should have no impact on progress-bar itself.

We have one hypothesis, but to be sure we will need to see some metadata from your database. Could you please execute next command from root command line of appliance:

mysql --host=localhost --user=root --password era_db --execute 'SELECT * FROM tbl_etl_event_csn; SELECT MAX(CSN) FROM tbl_log_task_client_event;'

and provide output? You should be prompted for database root password. Alternatively you could use credentials used by ERA and stored in /etc/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/StartupConfiguration.ini

Yes, I have tried many tasks but I have the same problem (a "blank" progress-bar); somes times the task finish (with the correct history in the task detsails) some times remains "planned" and not start, somes times isn't planned etc... Only Antivirus installation by ERA works always.

In the following attached image, you can see the command output, thanks!

post-10643-0-08195900-1456333615_thumb.png

• ESET Staff

Thanks for your patience and help. Now we are almost sure what is the problem - it is quite rare and only workaround is to force re-computation of task states by this database command (please make sure SERVER is not running!):

mysql --host=localhost --user=root --password era_db --execute 'UPDATE tbl_etl_event_csn SET last_csn = 0 WHERE plan_name = "sp_clientTasks"; DELETE FROM tbl_client_task_aggr;'

After SERVER is started, it should synchronize data, which may take some time (should be no more than minute).

If somehow I can "help" you understand the issues, it is not a problem (this forum have a good support). Before run the command, I must stop only ERA server right? Last question, this command must be run only this time (one time fix the problem?) or all the times will encounter this problem?

Edited by aquarium

• ESET Staff

If somehow I can "help" you understand the issues, it is not a problem (this forum have a good support). Before run the command, I must stop only ERA server right? Last question, this command must be run only this time (one time fix the problem?) or all the times will encounter this problem?

Yes, only SERVER has to be stopped during command execution. It should fix the issue until some "rare" circumstances occur.

So, now the problem is solved (but if I restart the VA appears again, obviously if I running the command, disappears).

I try some task like Virus Signature Database Update, Software Install and I not have any problem, but now Remote Administrator Components Upgrade (Agent in this case) have a new problem where the target is a single computer, trigger is "ASAP" or "scheduled" (final result no difference with both trigger type). The progress-bar remain in "yellow color" and the message is "Failed on 1 computer(s) and execution is planned on 1 computer(s).

In the trace.log file, no errors.

Thanks!

Edited by aquarium