Product Activation succeeds but client is still not activated

Hello everyone, I'm very new to to managing ESET so please bear with me. This is the first client that I'm having trouble with regarding this issue. I've installed and activated at least 5 other machines through the Remote Administrator interface. However this one machine will not activate and I have no clue why. I look at the task execution for the client and it says that the task finished successfully. However when I look back on the client machine, the Endpoint Antivirus 6 software is not activated and is still asking for it. I'm not sure where to look as none of the logs on the client machine are working. I just get blank logs with no titles for the logs themselves.

Edited by jj41

I did try the first option already to no success. I don't want to do the manual stuff until it's a last resort. If more machines have this issue it will become a nightmare to get done, I'm managing this to an entire school district and doing it remotely is extremely efficient. I did notice something odd in the license administrator section though. It looks like the license was sent twice to the same machine and even has the check marks that it's activated, but it looks different from the other machines. The machine itself however says that the machine is still not activated though.

post-10844-0-06416400-1455283068_thumb.jpg

What do the PC icons next to the names mean? So far that is the only difference I see between the ones that work and the other one that doesn't.

• ESET Staff

Basically, the icon of the "box" means that ERA agent is installed. Icon of the PC monitor inditicates, that there is a desktop operating system installed.
Icons area aligned with the filter in the "Computers" table, which shows you what kind of product is installed on the managed computer.

post-35-0-59723200-1455525126_thumb.png

I've played around with this some more and have more information. I tried activating Endpoint Antivirus by typing in the security admin credential's. It says it activated but then when I try to update the virus database it says it needs to be activated. I then tried to activate it with the product key, same issue. The ERA says it's activated but the client doesn't and won't let me activate with any means.

• ESET Staff

jj41, can you please let us know the public license ID of your license? You can even send it to the private message if that fits you better. We would like to examine the logs.

Technically, the activation consists of two steps.

1. First is contact with activation servers, which confirms the validity of the license, creates the "seat entry" in the licensing system and authorizes the client to get a license file.
  2. Second is the factual delivery of signed license file, which includes the license credentials, necessary for updating. In your case, there might be an issue that license file was not delivered to your client for some unknown reason.

What is the protection status of the client? Is it "green" or it remains "red" even after successful activation dialog? What I would recommend in this case, is reinstall of the client (Endpoint Antivirus application).

MichalJ, I just PM'd you my public ID. I have tried re-installing the endpoint software multiple times but it still gives me the same issue. Are there some extra files I can try an clear out?

• 1 year later...

Hello, is any solution known? I have the same problem today.

Windows 10 professional x64,
Eset endpoint Antivirus 6.5.2094.1
ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Verze 6.4.295.0
ESET Remote Administrator (ERA WebConsole), Verze 6.4.281.0

Edited by E_D

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, E_D said:

Hello, is any solution known? I have the same problem today.

Windows 10 professional x64,
Eset endpoint Antivirus 6.5.2094.1
ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Verze 6.4.295.0
ESET Remote Administrator (ERA WebConsole), Verze 6.4.281.0

Could you please try again? We were experiencing a glitch with activation servers at the time you made the post.

17 hours ago, Marcos said:

Could you please try again? We were experiencing a glitch with activation servers at the time you made the post.

Hello, today i try it again. Activation was successful and client is now activated. Thanks

Edited by E_D

• 4 weeks later...

Experiencing the same issue

Brand new system, installed Eset, Activated via license Key,  said it was active, after a little while Eset Complains it is no longer active, did this 3 more times, keeps happening, Then Activated using Admin ID and Password, said it was activated, 30 minutes later Eset Complains it is not activated.  occurrence of this happening is between 8/27/2017 and 8/29/2017