Heimdal security any good?

dom1da

does anyone use heimdal pro?  is it any good?

does it work well with eset nod 32 ? do i have to exclude it ?

i am thinking of buying this software and would like some advice 

Dominic

• ESET Staff

Hi Dominic,

The big answer to your question is: Never is good to have 2 antivirus software running in the same machine, creates conflicts

and false positive.

From my personal side, If you have a "lack of faith" on your antivirus software perhaps isn't matter what you will use.

To solve this particular "problem" you have to add another layer of security, that means: you.

You have to use a policy about security when you surf Internet, run a software, etc. Like download programs before

run have to be scan by antivirus, uploaded to VirusTotal, check the hash, test in a virtual machine with no-internet

connection, etc, etc.

There is no 100% antivirus effective, so you have to complete the equation:

Antivirus software + software installed up-to-date+you taking caution = probability of infection reduced to a minimum. :)

Edited by Gonzalo Alvarez

Hello Dominic. I have not used it (so I cannot pass judgement on it), but I know there is a thread on it over at Wilders.

hxxp://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/heimdal-free-and-pro.377569/

Also BleepingComputer has info. hxxp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/search/?cx=partner-pub-0920899300397823%3A3529943228&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=Heimdal

Hopefully one of the ESET Moderators will have a thought on it.

Good luck.

Edited by TomFace

thank you for your advice 

i will give it a pass as i have very good surfing skills and i always keep things updated and i have never had a virus or malware since using windows 8 and nod 32 now i use windows 10  still not a peep