Managing OSX packages in ERAS

Guest David

Guest David

Hi all,

We just got the ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Mac license the other day and its my job to get everything happy on the server front.  I have installed a client and configured it to talk to our server, and can view/change the config from RAS.  What I am looking for is to be able to Manage Packages and create the custom config file for the installer so that I dont have to enter the update server username/password on every machine that I have to install this on.  Is there a way to get this done?

Guest David

I followed all of that and created the push install files.  Is there any way to use what was given, put it on a flash drive, and install it on individual machines or must I use Apple Remote Desktop to accomplish everything after that?

• ESET Moderators

I followed all of that and created the push install files. Is there any way to use what was given, put it on a flash drive, and install it on individual machines or must I use Apple Remote Desktop to accomplish everything after that?

Afaik, you use Apple Remote Desktop to push, following the instructions here hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2524, or install and configure each locally.

Ok, here is where I am at.

I went to the remote install tab in ERAS and selected 'Actions' then 'Manage Packages'.  In there I chose the 'ESET Security Products for Mac', created a custom installation package, and saved it.  Now when I go to 'C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\ Server\Packages\install_mac\' I see a folder with the installation files in it, a config.xml and a package_mac.nip.  With the Windows installers its as easy as renaming the file from *.nip to *.exe in order to get a stand alone installer that I can put on a flash drive and use on computers.  Is there something similar that I can do for the Mac installer.

By the way, we dont have Apple Remote Desktop and we arent looking at purchasing that anytime soon so I am in no way, shape or form looking at push installs at the moment. I just want to create the custom installer, put it on a flash drive and walk to the users machines and install.

• ESET Staff

David,

Since you are not going to be performing the install remotely and are content to "walk to users machines and install" as you put it, I think there might be a simpler way to achieve your goal here. First, download the ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Mac BE installer file, the link I've added here should get you to the download page. If you have a valid license, you should have no problem getting the file.

Once you have the installer file, export a configuration file from the client workstation that you've already got configured to connect to your server using the instructions from this article. Place the configuration file and the installer file on a flash drive, install NOD32 on your client computers and then follow the steps in the second half of the article I linked to above to import the configuration settings that you copied from your already configured client workstation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff

That's correct Megachip, however what David is proposing to do here is not a push installation.

I just want to create the custom installer, put it on a flash drive and walk to the users machines and install.

That's correct Megachip, however what David is proposing to do here is not a push installation.

I just want to create the custom installer, put it on a flash drive and walk to the users machines and install.

In that case, he could simply use the provided esets_setup.sh (or wrote an own one).