Windows 10 Mail, antispam & email scan not working with SS 9

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and purchased SMart Security 9.

I use Mail V 17.6416.42001.0, IMAP. The antispam doesn't seem to be working, I'm getting plenty of spam that I've avoided for years, and I don't even have the option to mark something as spam.

Under the Protection Statistics for email client protection and email client antispam protection it shows that nothing is even being scanned, all objects equal 0.

Do I have to enable antispam through an option somewhere? Is windows 10 Mail not supported?

Please advise.

I've tried re-installing ESET SS9 to see if it would help, but it is still the same.

post-9979-0-25516200-1449956257_thumb.png

post-9979-0-01508600-1449956265_thumb.png

Edited by Kosd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Really?

Why in the world would you release a product that is Windows 10 compatible but not compatible with the OS's main email client?

I like Smart Security 9 but I really should not have to install yet ANOTHER email client when there is already one that comes with the OS. That would be idiotic and redundant.

Seems to me that the Eset developers dropped the ball on this one.

Luckily I didn't spend anything on Smart Security 9, I got my license as part of a promotion, I will be uninstalling it and using something else until such time the Eset developers can get there act together and make thier software compatible with the ENTIRE OS and not just parts of it.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

That's correct. It's not ESET's fault that there's no integration with the Mail application. If you were a programmer, you'd need information on how such application works internally or how to integrate with it. Unfortunately, such information is not available so integration is not possible or the research and implementation would be extremely difficult.