Banking & Payment protection could not be redirected to the requested web page

When using Firefox ver 42.0 (32 bit) on Windows 10 Pro (32 bit), I get the following error when trying to access banking sites with ESS9

Banking & Payment protection could not be redirected to the requested web page due to an incompatible extension in your browser.
Please start the ESET Banking & Payment protection secured browser from ESET Smart Security Home or
Tools screen > Banking & Payment protection or by double-clicking the icon BPP_secured_browser_icon.png on your desktop.

How do I determine which extension is 'incompatible' ?

I've updated to the latest version of Flash and Java, have whitelisted all ESET and banking websites in AdBlock, AdBlock and Firefox popup stoppers, NoScript and Ghostery.

Security-risk add-on Java Development Toolkit has been removed from Firefox.

Other add-ons being run in Firefox are Colorful Tabs, HttpsEverywhere, DownThemAll, VLC web plugin, NVIDIA 3D Vision, Open H264 Video Codec, Google Earth Plugin and iTunes Application Detector.

I'm running Firefox as administrator.

Edited by Dangermouse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm getting this problem since I've gone to Windows 10 in Firefox, Explorer, Chrome and Edge. I don't have the "HttpsEverywhere" extension in Firefox. Any ideas? Thanks

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue with both Firefox and Chrome, on Widows 10 Home (64 bit).

logo-eset-n.png

Online help Banking & Payment protection

Banking & Payment protection could not be redirected to the requested web page due to an incompatible extension in your browser.
Please start the ESET Banking & Payment protection secured browser from ESET Smart Security Home or
Tools screen > Banking & Payment protection or by double-clicking the icon BPP_secured_browser_icon.png on your desktop.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Please start the ESET Banking & Payment protection secured browser from ESET Smart Security Home or

Tools screen > Banking & Payment protection or by double-clicking the icon BPP_secured_browser_icon.png on your desktop.

Cannot log into my bank from either web browser.  Kinda hard to run a business using a phone app only

Running windows 8.1.  Message appears with chrome 49.0.2623.112m and in IE11 version 11.0.9600.18283 update version 11.0.30 (kb3148178)

• 6 months later...

Hello,

Try to uninstall the ESET with ESET Uninstaller from safe mode.

Run the unistaller 3-4 times until you get the message:

"No supported Product found"

You can find the uninstaller and information about how to run it in the following link:

hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2289/?locale=en_US

With Regards,

netpol

• 2 weeks later...

Banking protection now ceases to operate, either within the browser (Firefox 50.1.0)or clicking the desktop icon.

Running X64 win 10 pro with eset SS Premium 10.

Uninstalling reinstalling still returns with disfunction.

Product brought to market full of bugs I think.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, raydac said:

Banking protection now ceases to operate, either within the browser (Firefox 50.1.0)or clicking the desktop icon.

It's not a general problem and for almost all other users it works. What happens if you attempt to launch it by clicking the icon on your desktop?

Also you wrote that v10 is full of bugs. Please list all issues that you are having with v10.

On 12/17/2016 at 1:32 AM, Marcos said:

It's not a general problem and for almost all other users it works. What happens if you attempt to launch it by clicking the icon on your desktop?

Also you wrote that v10 is full of bugs. Please list all issues that you are having with v10.

Banking and payment protection still not working properly  in ESS V10.0.369.0, Windows 10, Chrome  Version 55.0.2883.87 m.

Edited by GreyGhost