Dynamic Groups Issue

I am currently running ESET ERA 6.2, but I can't seem to get the Dynamic Groups to function properly.  I have some that I made prior to 6.2 that are working properly, but I am not able to make a dynamic group function post upgrade.  I am currently attempting to identify clients that are not running the latest version of the ERA agent.  I have scaled back my conditions to only look for software installed by ESET.  I even copied and pasted and existing dynamic group settings with no luck.  I have a screenshot attached.  Am I not doing something correctly or is this broken after the upgrade?

post-8082-0-74655500-1441651210_thumb.png

I simply do this:

"Installed software, Application name"    contains    "ESET Remote Administrator Agent"

And

"Installed software, Application version" (not equal)   6.2.171.0

I just update the rule when a new agent is released, which is only every few months.

Jim

I simply do this:

"Installed software, Application name"    contains    "ESET Remote Administrator Agent"

And

I just update the rule when a new agent is released, which is only every few months.

Jim

Thanks Jim, and that was the logic I started with but received no results. So I scaled back to see what the issue was and looked for just ESET that also turned up nothing. If you have upgraded to ERA 6.2 and have a minute, would you see if you are able to create a new dynamic group with the logic you have above? It seems my existing dynamic groups work properly just not new ones that I have created post upgrade.

I've found that editing a dynamic group resets it and you have to wait for clients to check in again before they'll appear in the dynamic group. I just updated to 6.2 and my clients are starting to populate my own Outdated Agent dynamic group, so I can confirm that it's working.

I've found that editing a dynamic group resets it and you have to wait for clients to check in again before they'll appear in the dynamic group. I just updated to 6.2 and my clients are starting to populate my own Outdated Agent dynamic group, so I can confirm that it's working.

That was what it is. I was just not being patient.  However that seems rather silly of waiting for the clients to check in without a popup box or notification informing of you that it may take some time to populate.  Silly me for assuming that ERA would use the data it already had stored in the DB to create the group.

• Administrators

You can expedite the whole process by sending a wake-up call to client(s). Otherwise it will take 2 cycles for changes to take effect in the ERA console: 1, The policy needs to be downloaded by agent on clients so you wait for agent to connect to ERAS. 2, Agent downloads the policies and tasks and evaluates the membership in groups. 3, The next time agent connects to ERAS, ERAS will receive information about the groups in which the clients currently are and displays the current status in the console (a manual refresh may be needed).

I simply do this:

And

Jim

Thanks Jim, and that was the logic I started with but received no results. So I scaled back to see what the issue was and looked for just ESET that also turned up nothing. If you have upgraded to ERA 6.2 and have a minute, would you see if you are able to create a new dynamic group with the logic you have above? It seems my existing dynamic groups work properly just not new ones that I have created post upgrade.

Jim- I followed your method, but I am having an issue with the ESET Endpoint A/V being picked up with that logic as well even though the ERA Agent is up to date.

Can you post a screenshot of what you have? It definitely does work. I have a group" Outdated agents" and a group "Outdated AV clients" and both groups show the computers they are meant to show.

Jim